Blade coming back with Wesley?

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
And saying "the Marvel craze started with Blade" is hyperbolic as fukk....a more accurate statement would be "it was the first Marvel related movie that wasn't a complete train wreck".

I mean....the only Marvel theatrical release from that era prior to "Blade", was "Howard The Duck". There was nowhere to go but up.

Fred.
Don't forget the punisher back in 89

Also never heard of that site that op posted.... Is that shyt legit?

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
blade-tv-series-sticky-fingaz-jill-wagner-jessica-gower-b0013mynz2-b0010tdrp0-dvdbash-15.jpg

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, problem with all this is, all that happened AFTER Blade was a success.

X-Men would've came out but who would've given a fukk if Blade hadn't re-ignited interest in Marvel comic book movies?

And no offense breh, but I'll take the word of people who are actually apart of the shyt before somebody online :manny:

nikkas really trying to act like Batman & Robin didn't put a screeching halt to comic flicks. Man I remember that shyt set the genre back YEARS.

Yes there was Superman 1 and 2, Batman in 1989 and The Crow in 94 but dudes really talking Lundgren Punisher and Howard The Duck :mjlol:?

Wesley Snipes was HUGE back then. Reeve was an unknown and Keaton was a niche actor. And Nicholson was the damn Joker. shyt was about ICONS. Batman and Superman sold themselves. For a huge actor like him to take on a property like that (a very small character), have it rated R and have top notch action, bullet time (a year before Matrix) and be a comic property AND BE BLACK literally jump-started faith in execs that this shyt could make money and be critically well loved.

Dudes really think

Daredevil Netflix
Punisher Netflix
Deadpool

Would be given chances if Blade didn't show you could do mature content? It ain't about the same studio or universe it's the medium.

If Blade flopped every exec would have put their shyt on ice and been in "I told you so" mode about comic flicks.

Damn Snipes almost got Black Panther made. That's how much credibility he had.

Crazy dudes are disputing this.

The same producer (Avi Arad) went to X-Men then Spider-Man which then took off the Marvel craze got his fukking start as a producer with Marvel with Blade.

There are damn articles about this shyt

What Happened to 'Blade'?

Last edited:

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
I'm 42.

Again, :dahell:

"Blade" wasn't made by Marvel, it was made by New Line Cinema. Marvel didn't even get the cinematic rights to Blade back until 2012.

Fox's Daredevil Rights on Verge of Reverting to Marvel as Ticking Clock Looms (Video)

Again, :dahell:

Marvel didn't even have the cinematic rights to Ironman back until 2005. And, like I said, they didn't get the Blade rights back until 2012.

So no, I have no idea what Stan Lee is talking about.

Fred.

ya'll see how 'these' mufukkas don't wanna give the black man credit for anything? yet all up on a black site though.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
This Blade slander is preposterous...:picard:

So as to not offend the copywrite lawyers can we agree the film breathed much needed life into the genre?...:stopitslime:

This.
:mjlol: its some real weirdos on this site man i dont get it. Wesley definitely put hands on dude's big cousin or smashed someones auntie from back in the day..

We in here paying homage to one of the GOAT comic films that changed the damn game per Stan Lee himself....guys comin in scrambling around copying/pasting old web articles "Well ackshouallyyyyy...."
:heh:This could have been a dope thread too thats the funny part

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I don't know how the paperwork would go, but depending on what kinda bullshyt Avi Arad and Sony try to pull with this Spider-manless spider-verse but if gonna keep Peter in the MCU, allowing Sony to use blade for their Moribus flick would be a great way to re-introduce him and bridge the gap between the two companies.

And yes, it has to be Wesley, though he should maybe be in the process of grooming a successor.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I don't know how the paperwork would go, but depending on what kinda bullshyt Avi Arad and Sony try to pull with this Spider-manless spider-verse but if gonna keep Peter in the MCU, allowing Sony to use blade for their Moribus flick would be a great way to re-introduce him and bridge the gap between the two companies.

Only problem is PG-13 Blade would be a tough sell.

No impossible though.

Funny is Morbius was supposed to be Blade 2 villain (Blade original ending was him on roof)