Blade coming back with Wesley?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Bruh if Blade had flopped even the idea of the MCU would’ve never happened when it did

Yall need to relax and look at the bigger picture. It has nothing to do with studios it was all about Marvel movies. They started making those again because of Blade becoming the success it was, which ultimately led to the MCU.... especially with the use of lesser popular characters for Marvel studios.

Spider-Man and X-Men weren’t unpopular characters compared to Ironman, Hulk, etc.,

90% of the planet that saw BP didn’t know shyt about the character when he first appeared.
Like I said before, X-Men was already getting made whether Blade flopped or not. It didn't get made because of Blade. Singer had already signed on to direct it two years before Blade even came out and the only reason Spider-Man hadn't gotten made sooner was because it was tied up in litigation between Carolco Pictures and Marvel Comics.

I mean listen, I'm not tryna take any credit away from Blade or anything like that. I've already admitted Blade showed everyone that comic book movies actually COULD work. But it alone was not the sole thing that led to the creation of the MCU. What led to it, was Marvel (the company) seeing so little of the profits that movies outside of their control made, like Blade, the first two X-Men and Spider-Man movies. Marvel only saw $62 million out of the $3 billion the first two Spider-Man movies made. I mean honestly, what would have really convinced you to put together the MCU and start making movies under your own banner? The $25,000 Marvel made off Blade or the $62 mil Spider-Man made them?

In '03 guy named David Maisel came to Isaac Perlmutter and suggested Marvel start making their own films to rake in money. And that's where it really started. shyt, Avi Arad QUIT Marvel because he didn't think the MCU could work. That's when Feige was promoted and the MCU officially began being put together.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Got nothing but love for Wesley..... but we gotta let him pass that torch.

Trynna see 56 year old Wesley signed to a 4-9 movie deal?:dwillhuh:

In my Draco voice ..... SNNNNNNNIIIIIIPESSSSSSS:picard:

Martha
Why do older black actors..
Always have to pass the torch:martin:
If Sly Stallone and Liam Neeson racist asses can still be out here doing garbage revenge flicks..
If Bruce Willis can still run around playing John McClane in every role..
Jackie Chan still running his goofy ass around
Then Unc can still be Blade:martin:
Breh was still in good shape when “The Player” was on NBC
FOH
tenor.gif

parallax

Superstar
Daps
We're not talking about Hulk per se.

Iron Man
Thor
Ant Man
Dr. Strange
Black Panther

Aka the B-Team

Do not get risks taken on them without Blade. A major star took a risk on an obscure character that was a minority and made it into a damn cultural icon.

Snipes gave birth to the MCU.

I don't disagree with that at all, I'm just saying that the hulk isn't in the same ranks as the up and comers. He, like spider Man has pretty much always been in the public eye and is a standalone popular character

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Got nothing but love for Wesley..... but we gotta let him pass that torch.

Trynna see 56 year old Wesley signed to a 4-9 movie deal?:dwillhuh:

In my Draco voice ..... SNNNNNNNIIIIIIPESSSSSSS:picard:

Martha

If Tom Cruise can still do action movies at his age then so can Snipes if he still wants to do the role. He's still fit and hasn't aged much physically.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
If Sly Stallone and Liam Neeson racist asses can still be out here doing garbage revenge flicks..
FOH
tenor.gif
Facts :russ:

Neeson can't even run and Wesley still probably does his own stunts

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
Both sides have a point. Without Blade making such an impact other studios wouldn't have had the courage to go the comic book route or sci fi source material route but at the same time to the general audience Blade was not looked at as a comic book film. It was mostly looked at as a dope sci fi action flick.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
FOH
tenor.gif

Ain’t know one trynna see the same white guys you named in big time blockbuster movies too as leads either.

They either low on the call sheet or in ensembles.

Until Glass, BW was still making straight to dvd movies lol

I’m not trynna hate on Wesley, but would love to see someone up and coming get that opportunity so “they can be the new Wesley”

If that makes sense to you now

Martha

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Ain’t know one trynna see the same white guys you named in big time blockbuster movies too as leads either.

They either low on the call sheet or in ensembles.

Until Glass, BW was still making straight to dvd movies lol

I’m not trynna hate on Wesley, but would love to see someone up and coming get that opportunity so “they can be the new Wesley”

If that makes sense to you now

Martha
Didn’t read
tumblr_mefmdw9Rp31qedb29o1_r1_500.gif

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
You must be under 30. Blade helped get Marvel outta bankruptcy and made them a household film name.

No Blade no MCU.
Wrong. Marvel only made 25K profit off Blade. And selling the rights for the Xmen to Fox is what ultimately got them even, but they made nothing off the success of those franchises.