Bobby Shmurda signs to Epic Records

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
That has nothing to do with anything. Meek gets dissed because he is cocky and fronts on people.

brah...meek doesnt act cocky..he post on IG to motivate. Name a rapper in philly that has a buzz that hasnt dissed meek

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside

Projects in Brownsville. Everybody knows Bobby , i don't... but from what my bro told me he's pretty well known. Don't nobody call him Bobby tho, I forgot his street name. I just was being nosey, cuz im intrigued by this whole shyt for some reason. I believe his brother or best friend got killed not to long ago as well. He just started rapping tho. Aint no plant...

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:skip:

No one has seen what is in his contract, so we cannot talk for sure.

Secondly, people are saying his buzz won't last for long. Isn't that THE best reason to sign to a major? Being able to get that distribution, push, radio spins etc?

And to everyone saying he's not big outside of NY, probably hasn't even been to a club recently. Even in England this song is doing well.

You should support a young brother doing this from nothing, who is facing possible jail time and who is bringing his crew through. Just sounds like some of y'all are jealous, flabby and sick :snoop::flabbynsick:

I agree with this. People saying he should have kept rapping and putting out mixtapes to build his brand 1st....why? Basically his one song achieved the same purpose of multiple mixtapes would have......creating a buzz big enough to be able to have labels calling to sit down and negotiate. If you watch the breakfast club interview they made it clear he mad a few offers on the table. Epic is obviously the one they were comfortable with, so its not like he just signed to the first person that called. Im willing to bet, this as much attention he would be able to garner ON HIS OWN. He could've held out, dropped a few more tapes and watched his buzz gradually dissipate over the year thus giving him less bargaining power. Why not strike while the iron is already hot? Once the Drake feature comes out he'll be even bigger. How well he does from there depends on if he has more quality records or not. You can joke about Trinidad James, but he COULD have been much bigger too if he had good quality records to follow up with. The problem is he just didn't.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Dude been had a deal with Epic he clearly an industry plants. How do you think his video blew up the way it did.
You nikkas kill me :bryan:

Did you see the video, industry plants don't get low budget videos, they don't rap over other people's beats, they aren't dressed like they just came off hustling from the corner bodega. This was clearly a young nikka making a video for fun, a video for hood fame and because it's 2014 and social media is so prevalent the shyt spread like wild fire. :stopitslime:

You gonna compare this kids come up to Chance The Rapper and Iggy Azalea's come up. :bryan:

Daps
Projects in Brownsville. Everybody knows Bobby , i don't... but from what my bro told me he's pretty well known. Don't nobody call him Bobby tho, I forgot his street name. I just was being nosey, cuz im intrigued by this whole shyt for some reason. I believe his brother or best friend got killed not to long ago as well. He just started rapping tho. Aint no plant...

Whats breh background?

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
Whats breh background?

i believe he Haitian or Jamaican. From the area he at 95th and Clarkson, which is basically right down the block from Where Shyne and Red Cafe grew up. Mostly West Indians, he look Haitian or Jamaican... but that side is still a pretty live side of BK. Not too many CAC's over there yet. Too much gun sounds for them I guess... the imaginary lines in BK are crazy. You can cross the street and be in a whole new World.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You nikkas kill me :bryan:

Did you see the video, industry plants don't get low budget videos, they don't rap over other people's beats, they aren't dressed like they just came off hustling from the corner bodega. This was clearly a young nikka making a video for fun, a video for hood fame and because it's 2014 and social media is so prevalent the shyt spread like wild fire. :stopitslime:

You gonna compare this kids come up to Chance The Rapper and Iggy Azalea's come up. :bryan:

It all apart of making them seem authentic.

Daps
i believe he Haitian or Jamaican. From the area he at 95th and Clarkson, which is basically right down the block from Where Shyne and Red Cafe grew up. Mostly West Indians, he look Haitian or Jamaican... but that side is still a pretty live side of BK. Not too many CAC's over there yet. Too much gun sounds for them I guess... the imaginary lines in BK are crazy. You can cross the street and be in a whole new World.

Hes jamaican, I know he from 95th Clarkson and its live out there (im from NY i know about the areas) but im asking about him and his crew tho You said hes known in the ville so they get live like that? Details nikka details..

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
I want to see Bobby win but I don't like this deal at all. Yo Gotti has the clubs on lock and had a great album but it seemed like Epic could really put him out there like other labels could. Not to that mention Sha is :flabbynsick:

But I disagree with the haters saying they have 15min. "Computers" and Shyste Time" will do damage and now they have a budget to get new beats and high profile features.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Hes jamaican, I know he from 95th Clarkson and its live out there (im from NY i know about the areas) but im asking about him and his crew tho You said hes known in the ville so they get live like that? Details nikka details..
i knew there was a reason i fukked with this lil nikka :obama: