Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Doesn't everyone hate the new update?

Not everybody, that's just the media talking. People still use things they hate, how many times have you heard people say they hate facebook, but they still use it.

Also, facebook tried to by snapchat, but they did not want to sell to mark, so what mark is doing, he is copying snapchat ideas and placing them into facebook and instagram.

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
short nflx

F541bEQ.png
:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What do you think about all those volatility options? Pure gambling or...
Most products walk a fine line between making economic sense and being speculative. It depends who is trading it and for what purpose:yeshrug:

Products like the XIV ETF that imploded, where retail piled in, didn't understand the risks associated with the product and then lost all their money, I would be more inclined to say are speculative garbage. More complicated derivative products where professional traders are hedging risk in their portfolio are different.

This investigation into VIX manipulation is interesting, though. I wouldn't be surprised if it concludes that a main driver of record-low volatility recently was that major players have been keeping it down through the S&P index options. Should be a big story if so.