Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

无名的

Superstar
Daps
I swear on everything holy I put a sell order in for this OTC piece of shyt with horrendous liquidity through my Ameritrade mobile app. I'm out of town right now and I get a confirmation for a BUY order for the same exact number of shares I wanted to sell.

Now I have over 11000 shares of this POS stock I can't get rid of...

:damn:
:damn::damn::damn::damn:

On a lighter note... glad I got out of CRCM. Bought at $11.17, sold around $11.55 after watching it have trouble sustaining momentum, and now back to the 9s.

Now if only CXDC would plummet and these puts would pay off.

EPE puts moving towards expiring worthless and my EPE position is killing me by staying in that zone where all I've done is raised my cost basis.

fukk this market right now.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
and honestly man Canaccord Genuity has been moving very very well right now. When i think Canadian boutique that is literally THE first investment bank that would come to mind. Good luck for the interview. Is it in their NY or TO offices?

For an idea, their revenue is between that of Moelis and Evercore :yes:.I know of them mostly for financial advisory on M&A and equity research though. Never knew they did trading at all. The push towards M&A started with an acquisition they made (for Genuity) a few yrs ago
This fakkit moved the meeting to today and then no-showed without an email or a call explaining himself. Some of these guys are straight up a$$holes...

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
looking at my 401k what's some good things to buy into? looking to be aggressive since I'm only 24. no trolling please this my real life :to:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
looking at my 401k what's some good things to buy into? looking to be aggressive since I'm only 24. no trolling please this my real life :to:

look through the literature they give you, there should be at least 3 options; conservative, growth and aggressive and then you can divvy it out as you feel appropriate

i'm 28 so young enough that i want to be more on the aggressive side as well. i believe mine is 30% agressive 10% conservative 60% growth, something like that

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This fakkit moved the meeting to today and then no-showed without an email or a call explaining himself. Some of these guys are straight up @ssholes...

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif
honestly fam i dunno what to say. i thought my TD Securities interview went well; at least good enough to warrant a rejection call.

One of the risk managers proactively handed me his busi ness card; body language was good, at the very least i demonstrated my knowledge and potential. But a week later and I cant even get a thanks but no thanks; cant even get a reply to a follow up email asking if final round candidates were already selected. After this one I'm packing it in for a long time. A grimace of hope is left but ive been in this situation too many times to know whats really good.

sick of this shyt. People are busy; i get it but this I'm the same nikka who was working a new job full time, studying hard for and writing final exams before graduating from university in another city and still interviewing with places in a 3rd city so i dont wanna hear none of that shyt. There is simply no courtesy from any angle in life anymore. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
thanks. I got some free money sitting around. Sold out of CBS when it as at 60.80. I plan to keep some on deck and get back in CBS and maybe UA after taking some time off cause Ive been on too much of a hotstreak. Dont want the 3 day weekend killing my option values either.

I'm thinking Tuesday somethings got to give after this run. i expect a decent pullback to at least 189 and possibly 188. At least I hope so :ehhh:
UA :to:

and even BKS :to:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
honestly fam i dunno what to say. i thought my TD Securities interview went well; at least good enough to warrant a rejection call.

One of the risk managers proactively handed me his busi ness card; body language was good, at the very least i demonstrated my knowledge and potential. But a week later and I cant even get a thanks but no thanks; cant even get a reply to a follow up email asking if final round candidates were already selected. After this one I'm packing it in for a long time. A grimace of hope is left but ive been in this situation too many times to know whats really good.

sick of this shyt. People are busy; i get it but this I'm the same nikka who was working a new job full time, studying hard for and writing final exams before graduating from university in another city and still interviewing with places in a 3rd city so i dont wanna hear none of that shyt. There is simply no courtesy from any angle in life anymore. It's ridiculous.
I feel your frustration. No reason to give up though. You just have to keep applying and reaching out to people in your network. My girl just got a very decent consulting job and she comes from a similar academic and internship background. She reached out to a fellow alumnus, scheduled a call, overslept and missed it. She sends the guy a box of cookies as an apology and boom, a couple days later after an interview, a full time offer from Ernst & Young. I'm sitting there like :beli: but this shyt really is just right place at the right time. Eventually, youll get with someone that will actually help you. Have to cast as wide a net as possible for that to happen it seems.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I feel your frustration. No reason to give up though. You just have to keep applying and reaching out to people in your network. My girl just got a very decent consulting job and she comes from a similar academic and internship background. She reached out to a fellow alumnus, scheduled a call, overslept and missed it. She sends the guy a box of cookies as an apology and boom, a couple days later after an interview, a full time offer from Ernst & Young. I'm sitting there like :beli: but this shyt really is just right place at the right time. Eventually, youll get with someone that will actually help you. Have to cast as wide a net as possible for that to happen it seems.
is she a white female? :mjpls:

lol no really though I couldn't imagine a guy getting away with some shyt like that :heh: no way. i hear you but at the same time I'm thinking i might be better off pursuing my own...more proprietary ventures so to speak. I have certain ideas that I wanna implement and although I wanted a high paying...finance position to help mold me, give me money to invest in said idea(s) and serve as a mechanism I aint trying to be a slave. I've just been noticing how a lot of these companies work behind the facade and its discouraging to say the least. Nothing but a number to them

Like you said its all right place and time...but I am done wishing/hoping. I'm going for mine breh :wow:

Last edited:

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is she a white female? :mjpls:

lol no really though I couldn't imagine a guy getting away with some shyt like that :heh: no way. i hear you but at the same time I'm thinking i might be better off pursuing my own...more proprietary ventures so to speak. I have certain ideas that I wanna implement and although I wanted a high paying...finance position to help mold me, give me money to invest in said idea(s) and serve as a mechanism I aint trying to be a slave. I've just been noticing how a lot of these companies work behind the facade and its discouraging to say the least. Nothing but a number to them

Like you said its all right place and time...but I am done wishing/hoping. I'm going for mine breh :wow:

1. Obviously she's white

2. it's Ernst and Young - they will overwork her like a mutha - but 3-4 years later, she will roll into a nice manager position at any firm she picks.