Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Do you trust the government?
Private businesses don't seem to have the same rights as most places...

Would you buy individual stocks, etfs, or are we talking currency trading?

I dont trust any government but if Putin really is a mastermind that collects on his friends businesses then its in his interest to build Russia back up. The way I look at it is the drop in value for Russia is mostly because of low oil prices and the western sanctions. Oil will always dictate the Russian market but it looks like its finally stabilized. Short term we may see another drop in oil prices but in the intermediate to long term I think its safe to say prices will recover. The political situation has gotten better and Russia is back to cooperating with the West on a number of issues. I think the disengagement in Syria is a huge boost to normalizing relations between Russia and the west. This leads me to believe sanctions will be partially or fully lifted in the near term. Russian assets are tremendously undervalued and western investors want to buy in to Russia right now but they can't because of the sanctions. Once the sanctions get lifted there will be large influx of foreign capital into Russian markets.

My play on the turn around is RSX which is a Russia ETF. So far I've only put in $200 for some $17 Call options that expire May 20. I'm breaking even on it right now but had a few days last week where it got up to $7/800 profits.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
I dont trust any government but if Putin really is a mastermind that collects on his friends businesses then its in his interest to build Russia back up. The way I look at it is the drop in value for Russia is mostly because of low oil prices and the western sanctions. Oil will always dictate the Russian market but it looks like its finally stabilized. Short term we may see another drop in oil prices but in the intermediate to long term I think its safe to say prices will recover. The political situation has gotten better and Russia is back to cooperating with the West on a number of issues. I think the disengagement in Syria is a huge boost to normalizing relations between Russia and the west. This leads me to believe sanctions will be partially or fully lifted in the near term. Russian assets are tremendously undervalued and western investors want to buy in to Russia right now but they can't because of the sanctions. Once the sanctions get lifted there will be large influx of foreign capital into Russian markets.

My play on the turn around is RSX which is a Russia ETF. So far I've only put in $200 for some $17 Call options that expire May 20. I'm breaking even on it right now but had a few days last week where it got up to $7/800 profits.

Makes sense just hard to guage a timeframe or what the future holds.

I don't trade options so that makes the prospect of profits more tough.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Robinhood invited more people. I'm under 500 now so I should have instant next week. Hopefully there won't be any more server issues.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Macy's the kohls killer :blessed:
If you support kohls, your supporting ISIS
mork+owens+hates+kohls.GIF
Kohl's went down almost 100% in 11 months

March Madness

All Star
Daps
Do you hide behind proxies or is using a foreign service good enough to avoid the US limits?

Using a foreign broker is good enough [if they accept US citizens/traders], some don't due to CTFC politics. offshore brokers have to be vetted first tho... higher chance of running into bucketshops/scam white-labels, etc

TradersWay, LMFX, Tallinex, FinPro are the ones I like so far.

IMO TradersWay is the best Fx broker right now and ive had accounts with IB, FXCM and OANDA here in the US. OANDA even waived all commissions/withdrawal fees for my account and i still left:

1hy2h5.png

^^ My income was being handicapped with US brokers. I was breaking 2-3k a week but I was over-trading and it wasnt sustainable/scalable. overseas i can hit $1-3k a day without a lot of effort if i want.