The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
@tru_m.a.c @ineedsleep212 pay attention to this very carefully:

What does the USA get in return for allowing Canada to undercut our pharmaceutical market?

NOTHING.

The USA is ahead of the pack in terms of actually INVENTING shyt.

Thats way more valuable than the price of it, which for MOST (not all, obviously) drugs decreases over time.

Which Countries Excel in Creating New Drugs? It’s Complicated | Xconomy

Table.png

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

What does the USA get in return for allowing Canada to undercut our pharmaceutical market?

NOTHING.

Thats way more valuable than the price of it, which for MOST (not all, obviously) drugs decreases over time.

Table.png

I'm going to ask you this a second time, "Please help me find the answer to the statement below in the rant above."
Bernie takes less money than only two people in the senate from big Pharma. :sas2:

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

NOTHING.

Table.png
I think the clear difference is you tend to favor the big businesses more than the consumers and the majority of peoples that would benefit. These corporations have no loyalty. They are stateless and continue to overcharge us. We wouldn't have to do this if we simply had single payer.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Well yes, I agree with everything you stated.

However, my issue with this is that progressive arguments are being hijacked by conservatives. I know that the author is a progressive. I know that she's making an argument from a progressive standpoint. I know that the argument is FOR progressives trying to strengthen liberal politics. But it is clear after this election that disingenuous voters will attempt to use this article and Cory Booker's record with pharma against the entire Democratic establishment. This same critique will not be leveled at Republicans. It will not be leveled against republican principles. It will not be leveled against conservatives. And no one but Democrats will suffer at the polls - despite the fact that Democrats have been fighting to establish better drug pricing for decades.

This is the deception of "anyone but Hillary" or "Trump and Hillary are just as corrupt".
Thats how you end up with fukkboy cacs who don't have shyt to lose like @the cac mamba who just think they and their Bernie bro compatriots can just whittle every bullshyt argument down to "muh liberalism" and think they'll win that way.

Incrementalism is how things get done in our system.

Holding up this inconsistent mirror towards BLACK SENATORS looking to do the right thing in the course of history is how you make change.

I'm not even that big of a fan of Booker cause I think he's just a seat-filling opportunist, but besides that, I won't throw him under the bus for trying to push the needle in ways his peers are not.

The left needs to drop Bernie like a hot rock. He just steals every opportunity to make everything about him, and then fracture the party into purists who won't even have the guts to criticize him.

Bernie is one of the top donor recipients in agribusiness. Who EVER mentions that?

I tried warning you all about this in this thread: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-nihilistic-purity-of-the-far-left-will-kill-us-all.503860 and you all shytted on me for being too reluctant to be a hardliner and to hesitant to be a radical.

I want wins. I do NOT want people with nothing to lose denigrating good people over bills that don't even solve the core problem OR people who don't understand how to make better policy decisions.

MIND YOU...Booker voted for a more comprehensive and more solution-driven alternative to Bernie's sweeping and irresponsibly selfish bill.

@GzUp @wire28 @Atlrocafella @Blessed Is the Man @ezrathegreat @Jello Biafra @Chicken Pot Pie @humble forever @Darth Nubian @General Mills @88m3 @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! @Keyser Migraine

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think the clear difference is you tend to favor the big businesses more than the consumers and the majority of peoples that would benefit. These corporations have no loyalty. They are stateless and continue to overcharge us. We wouldn't have to do this if we simply had single payer.
Bruh, goddammit.

Do you have a job????

Because ya'll do all this yapping about "bringing jobs back"...yet you are supporting bullshyt amendments/bills which:

1. Do not address WHY prices are high (e.g. lack of comprehensive health care reform)

2. Do not allow US industries to be competitive

3. Do not protect US jobs and industries.

You can't have it both fukking ways.

And you don't have to vote for the first draft every bill that comes across your desk.

The Senate, is by its nature, supposed to be the slower, more "rational" house in congress. Thats indicated in their term lengths and process of doing things legislatively.

You all need a goddamn civics course. :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
I Work For Keyser Söze
You can't keep talking about this shyt as if NJ and other tri-state residents who by proxy of taxes AND jobs wouldn't be hurt by this.

Theres more to this than the bottom line.

Part of governing is about maintaining a social order, by way of employment, commerce, and opportunity for NJ residents to even be able to support themselves.

Related industries would take a massive hit.
Dems wanted Booker to sacrifice his Senate seat to help the party score some points, and now they're sending all the purist libtards after his Black ass.
giphy.gif

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Bernie takes less money than only two people in the senate from big Pharma. :sas2:
Are you gonna provide proof for this statement or are you gonna continue to be a little ho about it?

I've asked you twice about it and you've ignored me. Yet you're still in this thread posting about other shyt.

Don't fukkn respond to me or this post without an article providing proof of the quoted statement above.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State