Botham Shem Jean case:Newly elected Dallas DA says ‘appropriate charge’ for Amber Guyger is murder

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
How many years you think she would do if convicted of manslaughter?

15 years and serve like three :snoop:

Of course, murder would get her in longer, but, you'd have to basically prove that she'd been planning the whole thing.

All you have to do is prove negligence and poke holes in this whole "I stumbled into the room" thing.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
This will be good ammo for the appeal,he certainly doesn't sound very unbias here:snoop:.
But maybe thats part of the plan,I'd have to see what his voting block looks like:mjpls:

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Law works differently depending on pigment those black cops who killed the kid in the high speed chase got locked up with the quickness

Wasnt nobody arguing about intent or shyt didnt have time before they mugshots was out and they lost everything lol

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is dangerous.

Murder implies intent.

She will beat a murder charge.

Manslaughter is what she deserves.

:dahell::dahell::dahell:

Why would she beat a murder charge exactly?

Intent means that the she shot with the intent of kill (which she did).
There is clearly intent here.

Manslaughter implies accidental death, like if she bumped into him and he happened to fall down the stairs and break his neck. That's manslaughter.

In what world is pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger and accidental killing? :dahell:

They wont get first degree (premediation), but they should be able to get 2nd degree (intent)

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, don't do the Zimmerman thing, again.

She can get away with not wanting to do it. Too much has to be proven for her to go down.

Zimmerman trail was largerly due to the belief that he was "acting in self-defense" (which we all know is largely bullshyt).
They haven't even tried trotting that defense out for her because they don't have any evidence whatsoever.

It should be much easier to prove 2nd degree here than in the Zimmerman case.

But i guess we shall see

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Terrible legal strategy

This isn’t really going to do shyt, just a ploy to appease black folks for now.

A competent defense team will eat that charge alive.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Going for murder is a very poor and risky strategy. You have to prove to 12 jurors beyond a reasonable doubt that she had intent to murder a black man in her mind that night. It's easier to prove she was negligent resulting in the death of the victim but intent, you're not going to win at trial on that charge, not with the defendant being a police officer. Manslaughter convictions should, however, have harsher sentences applied.

Daps
This will be good ammo for the appeal,he certainly doesn't sound very unbias here
But maybe thats part of the plan,I'd have to see what his voting block looks like

when you are judging a case, it should be based only on the evidence presented and the law. he said he doesn't know all the detail and then he implies that he would make sure to review all the evidence to make a better informed decision. he sounds unbiased to me

Going for murder is a very poor and risky strategy. You have to prove to 12 jurors beyond a reasonable doubt that she had intent to murder a black man in her mind that night. It's easier to prove she was negligent resulting in the death of the victim but intent, you're not going to win at trial on that charge, not with the defendant being a police officer. Manslaughter convictions should, however, have harsher sentences applied.

there is not much risk because manslaughter is a lesser included offense of murder, the judge can instruct the jury to consider both if there is evidence of both. on the other hand, they cant come back and find a greater crime of murder if it wasn't indicted in the first place.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
John-Creuzot-960x616.png

Is he black? Almost looks like one of those white IG thots pretending to be light skinned
Looks like one of them Tom Joyner brehs :patrice:

Daps
there is not much risk because manslaughter is a lesser included offense of murder, the judge can instruct the jury to consider both if there is evidence of both. on the other hand, they cant come back and find a greater crime of murder if it wasn't indicted in the first place.

Can someone confirm that this is true in the jurisdiction she'll be tried? I know it's not true of all jurisdictions.