Boxing's Most Underrated Fighters (Past and Present)

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aaron Pryor. Wouldve loved to see him against SRL. He wouldve gave him fits. Likewise if he fought Mayweather of today.

I always feel that Larry Holmes was underrated. He was a master in the ring but he didnt get a lot of credit due to his era was "weak". He technically picked apart fighters. I really dont get into weak era arguments, I look at how dominate you are during that era...and Holmes was dominant.

Juan Manuel Marquez. I stated this before. He has had a great career, but like Bernard Hopkins, I believe we missed his prime. The Norwood fight really set him back but he was prime before he even fought Manny. The fighter he was at 126 was stronger and got hit less. Its a shame he was frozen out for about 3-4 years during that period....while MAB, Morales, and the Prince all shared the limelight.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Orlando Salido. one of those guys who starts fighting pro at 15 years old and racked up a lot of losses before maturing and learning on the job with no amateur experience. You almost have to discount those early losses when he was a teenager fighting men. Beat Guerrero and wouldve beaten him again I believe but Guerrero didnt want it. After he failed the test, it was easy to write him off as a cheat....but then he won the title two more times. I give Lomanchenko a ton of credit for facing Salido in his 2nd pro fight. Salido is no bum.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Manuel Medina. Hardly mentioned for a guy who won the featherweight title 5 times in modern era.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Terry Norris. A guy who just missed a lot of the big names...aside from SRL. he was right after the Leonard/Hagler/Hearns/Duran era and right before the DLH/Mosley/Vargas era. He almost had the DLH fight but got knocked out by Mullings. How fukking great would that have been for him to face SRL and DLH??? Two of the sports highest grossing fighters ever. Always a fun guy to watch because he had speed, power, and boxing skill....but a shaky jaw. What intrigue.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Terry Norris. A guy who just missed a lot of the big names...aside from SRL. he was right after the Leonard/Hagler/Hearns/Duran era and right before the DLH/Mosley/Vargas era. He almost had the DLH fight but got knocked out by Mullings. How fukking great would that have been for him to face SRL and DLH??? Two of the sports highest grossing fighters ever. Always a fun guy to watch because he had speed, power, and boxing skill....but a shaky jaw. What intrigue.

its a shame that terry expired in that mullings fight..it was out of nowhere too

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ricardo Lopez..........his name never gets mentioned amongst the greats :to:

I am not guilty of that. Best lil man ever. I ordered the PPV of his fight with Grigsby because I thought Steel would be the first guy to beat Lopez. Lopez put on a clinic.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my nikka mike the bodysnatcher mccallum - fought in the SRL/Hagler/Hearns/Duran era but never got the big fights with them

people of his day knew who he was and he was feared. still, underrated to a degree I have to say because he never got the big fights in his prime.