Boxing's Most Underrated Fighters (Past and Present)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That's my step-brother. I'll agree that the Tito fight took a lot out of him, mentally and physically. He had the tools, but that eye was just too much. Even if he had beat Tito, he still would've had a brief career. He used to regularly get surgery to cosmetically repair that droopy eyelid. He also had a detached retina.
how is he doing these days?

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ken Norton & Jerry Quarry don't get enough credit for the successes they DID have and the solid resume(s) they put together while competing in the deepest Heavyweight era ever. Norton is a top 15 ATG Heavy IMO. Quarry top 25. And Quarry should be in the HOF. Ernesto Marcel is a guy you don't hear being brought up alot in ATG discussions... dude was criminally underrated. He outboxed Prime Arguello handily. He should be in the HOF too. Sambu Kalambay & Julian Jackson should probably be there as well... especially when you got the likes of Gatti, Virgil Hill, Tszyu & my nikka Too Sharp Johnson occupying space. Tim Witherspoon & Tony Tubbs were 2 underrated Heavys that possessed very elite skillsets... but awful work ethic. Both were a waste of talent. But their skills tend to get overlooked. Lot of talented and underrated Heavys in that 80's crop... sadly, most of 'em were on crack :damn:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Ken Norton & Jerry Quarry don't get enough credit for the successes they DID have and the solid resume(s) they put together while competing in the deepest Heavyweight era ever. Norton is a top 15 ATG Heavy IMO. Quarry top 25. And Quarry should be in the HOF. Ernesto Marcel is a guy you don't hear being brought up alot in ATG discussions... dude was criminally underrated. He outboxed Prime Arguello handily. He should be in the HOF too. Sambu Kalambay & Julian Jackson should probably be there as well... especially when you got the likes of Gatti, Virgil Hill, Tszyu & my nikka Too Sharp Johnson occupying space. Tim Witherspoon & Tony Tubbs were 2 underrated Heavys that possessed very elite skillsets... but awful work ethic. Both were a waste of talent. But their skills tend to get overlooked. Lot of talented and underrated Heavys in that 80's crop... sadly, most of 'em were on crack :damn:

man a documentary should really be done on the 80s heavyweight champions...so much wasted talent due to vices and/or poor conditioning

sumbu kalambay was the man..he made a prime mike mccallum look stupid

i wouldnt call julian jackson underrated...but he should have had the big fights..i have no idea why don king never pushed him like that esp with the ATG power he had

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
montel griffin, alot of people talk about how roy jones fought bums at 175 but montel was still a good fighter. for a guy who was 5'7 at 175, he was slick and could box his ass off. he's not a atg or a hof but good fighter in his day. got a w over 2 of the best middleweights of the 90s (toney and rjj).

joel casamayor, criminally underrated and i'll never forgot how he got robbed in the castillo fight :snoop:

sharmba mitchell, i always felt that if wasn't for koysta tszyu, sharmba would've ruled 140

dwight qawi

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
how is he doing these days?

He's cool. He's out in Michigan at some boxing training center, working with fighters. He actually wanted to return to the ring like 3-4 years ago, but his life-long trainer told him that he wouldn't train him because of that eye. He didn't want him to permanently lose all vision in it.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i5r7GytPbSh62.gif

ir1T7q3K68ydE.gif

iL3JnQz6bpNmL.gif

yo moms

drunk
Daps
roger mayweather has to be one of the best PUNCHERS ive seen. every punch is thrown perfectly. if dude had a chin he would have been almost unbeatable :dahell:

the way he throws is right hand is just :wow: then the follow up left hook to the body and left hook to the head is disgusting :whew: