Breaking news: Tinder and AirBnb banned in Medellin

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Imagine flying out the country and STILL jumping on an app... :heh:

A niccas confidence is so bad he can't even look a chick in the eye and talk money to her while she's living in abject poverty.
:flabbynsick: ass take

It still takes confidence to bag online

And they still gonna go out with them

It's called being efficient :stopitslime:

Traveler

All Star
Daps
The Mayor wants to ban Airbnb short term rentals. But who knows if it will happen. Medellin don't want to be known as a whore town. But the reality is follow the money. My bet is the hotels want their Money. Also there have been a few high profile incidents involving Americans and minors. They don't give a shyt if Mongers come there and die. It's always about money. Mongers are a small fraction of the tourism dollars.

Medellín's "Fico" Gutiérrez looks to ban short-term apartment rentals in crime crackdown | The City Paper Bogotá

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods

The Mayor of Medellín, Federico Gutiérrez, has submitted a proposal to the recently inaugurated Tourism Secretariat aimed at regulating short-term apartment rentals in the city. This initiative comes in the wake of mounting evidence suggesting that foreigners are exploiting private accommodations to sexually abuse vulnerable girls.

The most recent case involves a masonry worker from Arizona, Richard Opalinski. Colombian authorities, in collaboration with Libertas International and Homeland Security, apprehended Opalinski after he hosted parties within a Medellín Airbnb with underage girls. Colombia’s National Police revealed that Opalinski coerced young girls into performing sexual acts while administering drugs to facilitate their abuse. Incriminating evidence, including training bras and small girls’ clothing, was discovered in his short-term rental apartment.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
2. These dudes are not cold approaching women in Colombia because they are too lazy to learn Spanish.
This is the difference with real travelers and passport bros(?)—for a lack of a better term. There are guys who REFUSE to learn the language. I've been very lucky that a random crime (besides pickpocketing) hasn't happened in ALL my travels to Colombia esp. the Afrikan part because I, at least, go down swinging when trying to speak the language. Me living in Florida, I always throw a few Spanish sentences out to test my pronunciation and I guess black Americans learning Spanish is so rare, they actually think I might be the child of Afro-Latinos. You'd be surprised how much ppl change their interaction with you when you at least try to speak their language.

Last edited: