BREAKING: Politico reports the US is preparing a $1 billion weapons package for Ukraine

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's not bad optics if people actually understand what's happening.
Regardless of whether it’s being used or not, it’s still wasteful spending and money and resources that could have been used elsewhere.

I work in government contracting so I’m well aware of wasteful spending pertaining to it.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
BREAKING: Politico reports the US is preparing a $1 billion weapons package for Ukraine

This is not a old thread

I make over 40 fukking thousand a year and I'm struggling yet we keep sending money for this war.

Why?

because thats the value of the weaponry they will receive. we dont just hand the Ukrainians a billion dollar check. its the expected amount its worth.

it also ultimately creates american jobs because guess who makes american ammo? americans.

we are whooping russias ass on layaway at these prices. i dont mind the US helping them.

now israel on the other hand...

but its telling who you chose to be mad at, i guess.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As some have pointed out in previous threads these are weapons surpluses that are old and we no longer need or use.
And we are NOT fukkING GIVING IT TO THEM! They are buying it. Holy fukking shyt im constantly disappointed by folks on this board. shyt will even be in the articles they link. Selling arms still traditionally gets congressional approval, hence a “package.”

My taxes paid for the production of the weapons. These packages are paid for by the country, in this case Ukraine, that is buying it. Reading is not fundamental.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which is why I said that it was money and resources wasted that could have been used elsewhere.

It’s still bad optics either way.
To a legally blind person, a flashlight can be bad optics cause it looks like a oncoming car:mjlol: This looks bad to people who literally don’t know how this works. We can be mad at the Military Industrial Complex, but how this shyt gets sent out every day whether we pay attention and get mad or not has always been an open secret.