Brehs from cities with no pro sports team what teams do you usually cheer for "The criteria"

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
I want to know what motivates people who root for different teams just to spite where they’re from.

Example: Steelers fans from Cleveland.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Im from Oakland but have never gave a damn about any Oakland base team. So the fact that most of the major teams have left the city makes no difference to me

edit: when I was 7, I saw Kobe and Shaq in the pregame playoff warmup right before a Bulls game was ending and I thought Kobe's afro was :banderas:
I knew I would be a Laker forever

Last edited:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
I want to know what motivates people who root for different teams just to spite where they’re from.

From my experience it's usually due to their family being from that area originally, or growing up they knew douchebags who ruined rooting for the local team for them.

For example, a kid in Pittsburgh is in 2nd or 3rd grade, just beginning his journey as a sports fan, and the 4 biggest A-holes in the class are all Steeler fans who proclaim it in a visibly obnoxious manner. That 8 year old makes a decision that he's not gonna be a Steeler fan because Steeler fans are pricks, and he doesn't wanna be considered a prick (keep in mind we're talking about kids and their thought processes), so he picks either the Eagles (being a fellow PA team), or the Browns because they're the next closest team and since they both hate the Steelers, a marriage is born.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Exactly my sister ex boyfriend was a Miami Dolphins fan even though he barely liked football just being a dikk to be one because he knew everyone was Bills fans

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Do you guys just fukk with your favorite player closest team bandwagon Lakers, Yankees ,Cowboys dikk riding.

Just interested in knowing I would assume the closest squad?.

Baseball, grew with the Braves, we ain’t got no baseball team.

Football,Lotta older people were Washington Redskins fans back in the G(Doug Williams had a lot to do with it) before we got the Panthers