Brehs. Have I been sleeping on Mazda?

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
fukk Mazda for discontinuing the 6

No one bought them. Most buyers who wanted an Asian family sedan went Camry/Accord/Sonata. Malibu outsold it too because of price and consistent incentives (and the Malibu had a hybrid and 2 other engine options). Charger (V6 model) occasionally got into the price bracket of the Mazda 6, and at that point, the Charger is the bigger car and came in AWD as an option. When you have that happen, there's really no compelling reason to buy a 6 unless you want a nice interior and class leading handling. Mazda REALLY needs to resurrect their Mazdaspeed division again to make their cars stand out.

Last edited:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one bought them. Most buyers who wanted an Asian family sedan went Camry/Accord/Sonata. Malibu outsold it too because of price and consistent incentives (and the Malibu had a hybrid and 2 other engine options). Charger (V6 model) occasionally got into the price bracket of the Mazda 6, and at that point, the Charger is the bigger car and came in AWD as an option. When you have that happen, there's really no compelling reason to buy a 6 unless you want a nice interior and class leading handling. Mazda REALLY needs to resurrect their Mazdaspeed division again to make their cars stand out.
I see a good amount of Mazda 6's here in the bay area. Not as much as Camry's or Accord's, but i'm surprised to hear that the malibu outsold it.

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
A one time, Mazda was an innovator - but they lost their way in bad partnerships. Two icons in 40 years - RX7 & MX5 (Miata). For every miss, Toyota has two hits.

SPACE IS FAKE

Say No To NASA!
Daps
mazda suvs ugly as sin a SUV might be the easiest type of car to design so how do you mess it up :dahell:

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
I see a good amount of Mazda 6's here in the bay area. Not as much as Camry's or Accord's, but i'm surprised to hear that the malibu outsold it.

Nah...think about it though -- how many Chevy dealers are there compared to Mazda dealers? That's your main answer right there.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Just sold my 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback. That thing was fully loaded, 360-cam, self-driving lane assist, rain sense wipers, fully tinted, full exhaust and an intake. Built in Japan so there were no QA issues :wow:

I wish I could have gotten it in polymetal grey with the red interior and I probably would have kept it. People are just now catching on to the brand as it pushes into the Premium market as it moves towards Luxury so the resell values aren't sticking. Decided to get out while I was ahead. Fun car though. I'll post it in the "post your ride" thread when I pick up my next car.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The power of the new Mazdas got a lot better. They stepped up in that department and still gets good mileage. My daughter just got a Mazda 3.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just sold my 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback. That thing was fully loaded, 360-cam, self-driving lane assist, rain sense wipers, fully tinted, full exhaust and an intake. Built in Japan so there were no QA issues :wow:

I wish I could have gotten it in polymetal grey with the red interior and I probably would have kept it. People are just now catching on to the brand as it pushes into the Premium market as it moves towards Luxury so the resell values aren't sticking. Decided to get out while I was ahead. Fun car though. I'll post it in the "post your ride" thread when I pick up my next car.
Corksport intake and exhaust?

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
traded a couple guns for this cute lil nc1 miata :3

im in love, ima try it out as my daily over my gt-r

cpOZEd8.jpg