Brehs love to say "entrepreneurship isn't for everyone", but...

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Is your boss black or non-black? Yes or no.

Literally every nikka in here saying i'm lying, works for a non-black boss. Probably 98% of the nikkas on this board work for a non black boss. Considering that only 2% of black people work for other black people.

If some of you in here are self-employed, or work for another black person, then i will take back my comments. But none of you in here do, thus proving my point. We work for others and buy from others. They're the producers, we're the consumers. They're the employers, we're the employees.

But if nikkas don't want to employ black people, or make money together providing goods and services to other races (like cacs, asians, arabs, latinos do), fine:yeshrug:
That has nothing to do with everyone is not cut out to run a business

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
I did not say "All Asians are entrepreneurs". Stop letting emotion cloud your logic. They have much higher entrepreneurship rates and intra-racial employment rates though. Do you know what the black intra-racial rate currently is? 2%.

I'm not going to debate the facts. Most of you didn't even know that statistic i just listed.

I'm talking about an economic base. And group economics. Black americans currently have the lowest entrepreneurship and intra-racial employment rates out of all groups, by far.

We're not practicing entrepreneurship or group economics on anywhere near the scale that anyone else is.

Black american men generally do not work for or buy from black men, we work for other races of men and buy from other races of men.

Even Black Enterprise and black statistic sites have talked about this. It is not "propaganda"

Black men have failed to employ other black people, or even ourselves. That's the difference. Go to a random black area right now and you'll see non-black business owners employing their race. While the black men who live there work for white men. I'm lying? All you nikkas in here getting mad work for white men too. It's not true?

Yall are butthurt and saying i'm lying about stuff that everybody knows and sees.
There may be a problem with black ownership. But to think "entrepreneurship isn't for everybody", has a racial connotation is an amazingly stupid leap.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
I dont encourage brehs to go the entrepreneur route..... Its not something you can "force".... If youre not an entrepreneur at your CORE... Then don't even bother..... Because its like a basketball player trying to play soccer.....

I feel like entrepreneurship is a personality trait, or you gotta have OGs to give you game....

If youre over the age of 18... And never sold anything in your life... Then you might as well go work somewhere and call it a day because if you were an entrepreneur.... You woulda been hustling SOMETHING at a young age

Entrepreneurs look for ways to make a dollar... They dont look for jobs.... It usually starts at a young age.

Life is about self awareness.

I was selling shyt in high school trying to make a dollar, and I also had OGs who gave me game.

Its just who I am

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Entrepreneurship is a mindset

Most entrepreneurs will rather commit suicide before being an employee. Thats the mindset.

One thing I've realized... You either got it or you don't.....

And sadly... Most nikkas DONT got it...

Most nikkas couldnt sell anything if their lives depended on it.. And Thats fine. Because workers are necessary.

We cant all be bosses.

If youre an entrepreneur as well.. That means less competition in the market, which is a positive for us individually.

I used to always say the same shyt and wonder why nikkas rather work for money. ... But now I look at it as an advantage.

More money for us my nikka :yeshrug::yeshrug:

Last edited:

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
Y’all like to paint this picture that most black men are bums or lack leadership but irl I see the exact opposite

But we live in a city where you're damn near forced to grind and hustle if you're black. If I'm not mistaken, Chicago has the highest percentage of black business owners in the country.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
How do y’all start up and stay committed?

That’s the hard part for me :to:

Salute to all my black business owners :salute:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Also breh, youre not responsible for the whole black community.

Youre only responsible for your family.

If you cracked the code been successful by going independent... Stack that money high for your family.

I know you wanna "put nikkas on" and "show the way" but you not responsible for any body else....

In 2018, its easier than ever to create something..... If nikkas wanna make excuses... Let em.

Stack your paper.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

If it's not something you love you're not going to stay with it. Dudes always want to say start a business :mjgrin: but never say whether they have or if they have what it is they do and if they enjoy doing it. Even so though, owning a business don't mean shyt if you HAVE to go in every day for it to function. Until you can step back and let it go on its own all you own is a job.

DonMakavelli

Banned
Daps
1. OP is right that we have the lowest business ownership percentage by far. This is not opinion, this is fact.

- We overall taught and still teach our kids to "get a job" working for other races, instead of starting businesses where we can hire each other. That "job" cannot be passed down to our kids or sold for profit if need be.
- There is a correlation between business ownership and income level for a group. Businesses create jobs, which gives income (and benefits) to a group. Other groups tend to work for their own race in higher numbers than we do. Now look up which groups have higher incomes, and which one has the lowest. Can you guess who?

2. We do not circulate our dollars among each other enough, at all.

- Here's an example of the our dollars actually circulating. Jamar buys groceries from a black-owned supermarket. The owner of market, Tyrone, buys product from black owned-distributor. Distributor buys produce from black farmer. Farmer buys Ford F-150 from black-owned car dealership. Owner of dealership buys lunch everyday at a black-owned diner. Owner of diner employs five blacks to run diner. So on and so forth.

From that one example, the black dollar cycled TEN TIMES. That would put blacks at about average for intra-racial money circulation. Here's the issue: On average, the black dollar does not circulate even ONCE before leaving black hands.
Over the course of a month, a dollar circulates Asian hands for 20+ days on average. Jewish hands, in the teens. White, in the teens. The black dollar circulates for 6 HOURS on average per month.

In layman terms, what this means is that other groups, namely Whites and Asians live off 100% of their own income AND 98% of black income. Please learn this stuff before you quote me trying to argue. Since we generally do not circulate money amongst themselves, we live on only TWO PERCENT of our own income. OP's delivery might have been off but he was right about us not circulating our dollars among each other the way they do.

The reasons above are why other groups have more disposable income. This is why they can bounce back faster across the board. This is why they can take on more debt to buy a home, go to grad school or start a business. This is why, along with inheritance, they can make the same as a black person and own much more.

It has been proven over and over again, via study after study, that black "middle class" persons have pennies in terms of net worth in comparison to white middle class persons. Studies continually show black "middle class" homes with a net worth in the four figures while the average middle income white household shows at least five figures
Because of the points noted above, blacks are solely reliant on their income from white-owned companies or government formiddle income status. Blacks generally suffer from lack of ownership of property/goods, negligible inherited proceeds and abysmal intra-racial money circulation.

Last edited:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti

You have to desire freedom more than you desire being alive.

Once you reach the point that you rather die than go back and work for someone.... Then you've arrived.

I see nikkas turn into the greatest salespeople ever when its time to go job hunting.... Sending 100s of applications all over the place.... But when its time to sell a product besides their labor... They dont know what to do.

Its all the same shyt.

Stop selling labor... Theres only 24 hours in a day and you gotta sleep for 8.

Selling 5000 units > selling 5000 hours of labor

DonMakavelli

Banned
Daps
I wouldn't want to work for somebody like OP anyway to keep it buck
You don't have to, of course, but he's right that we should employ each other at a higher rate. We don't have to all work for other black people but when we are in a state where most of us work for white people and buy from non blacks in general, yes there needs to be some improvement. I explained this in my post above. OP's delivery may be off but he's right about the lack of entrepreneurship, group economics, and dollar circulation (i even gave a specific example of black dollars circulating, the way asian dollars circulate). Right now we are not doing that on anywhere near the scale that others are.

This is an example of blacks circulating our dollars among each other:

Jamar buys groceries from a black-owned supermarket. The owner of market, Tyrone, buys product from black owned-distributor. Distributor buys produce from black farmer. Farmer buys Ford F-150 from black-owned car dealership. Owner of dealership buys lunch everyday at a black-owned diner. Owner of diner employs five blacks to run diner. So on and so forth.

From that one example, the black dollar cycled TEN TIMES. That would put blacks at about average for intra-racial money circulation. But right now, we are not. On average, the black dollar does not circulate even ONCE before leaving black hands.
Over the course of a month, a dollar circulates Asian hands for 20+ days on average. Jewish hands, in the teens. White, in the teens. The black dollar circulates for 6 HOURS on average per month.

Last edited:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
You don't have to, of course, but he's right that we should employ each other at a higher rate. We don't have to all work for other black people but when we are in a state where most of us work for white people and buy from non blacks in general, yes there needs to be some improvement. I explained this in my post above. OP's delivery may be off but he's right about the lack of entrepreneurship, group economics, and dollar circulation (i even gave a specific example of black dollars circulating, the way asian dollars circulate). It's like we don't get how those things affects us as a group.

Actually, we do

this shyt is not that complex like ya'll make it to be

we know the problem in our community for fukking ever dog, and we don't need no pampred ass bougie nikkas like @BrandonBanks talking down to us

thankfully, the black entrepreneurs I've come across don't carry themselves like most of these look at me ass nikkas here.