British actress to star in Whitney Houston biopic

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
usually they look for someone who can sing and act for these types of roles. so she probably just had the best audition.
can't hire someone to play whitney who can't even pretend to sing well.

Last edited:

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I would hate being an upcoming ADOS actor:francis:
If they're actually talented they could just do what the House actor did. Go in with the opposite accent, do their audition in the role's native accent and then reveal their real accent after the fact.

Doesn't change the fact black British actors are classically trained in institutions that produce the best actors.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure she'll do well I just hope they have the Diane Sawyer interview and Wendy Williams interview in there.

:hubie: I’m not feeling her as Whitney at all....

Whitney was a girl from the hood who was seen as a good girl in the public. Someone who can switch up her talk from hood to proper real quick. Whitney could do no wrong because she sang like an angel. I watched her reality show...those some tough shoes to portray

:mjcry: Whitney was a real one

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
"I wan'na see the receipts, Guv'nor"

VainBeautifulHydatidtapeworm-max-1mb.gif

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Ehh, I don't know. I mean Idris nailed Stringer Bell, and Dominic West nailed McNulty and his character in The Affair.

I just started watching Snowfall, and the guy that plays Franklin, he's good too. Although his accent comes off a little bit forced. Same with Uncle Jerome who come to find out is from Queens. His West Coast accent seems a little forced. Good show though.

Will take a wait and see approach. Then again to be honest I don't care to watch a Whitney biopic.