British actress to star in Whitney Houston biopic

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why is it always going to British actors?

surely they can't be conspiring against ados actors
Britain is known for taking acting very serious. It’s in their history from when plays were their big cinema. Even majority of the big white actors are British as well.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ehh, I don't know. I mean Idris nailed Stringer Bell, and Dominic West nailed McNulty and his character in The Affair.

I just started watching Snowfall, and the guy that plays Franklin, he's good too. Although his accent comes off a little bit forced. Same with Uncle Jerome who come to find out is from Queens. His West Coast accent seems a little forced. Good show though.

Will take a wait and see approach. Then again to be honest I don't care to watch a Whitney biopic.

Wait till you get to season 3. That awkwardness in his voice goes away and he completely inhabits the role

Daps
That’s cool but...

mobile_right-diptych-bobby-brown.jpg

Who is going to play The King? :lolbron:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
If I was a world famous celebrity. I would give my movie rights to someone like Spike Lee. So, no shyt like this could happen. :yeshrug:

Hollywood CAC are terrible at casting Black biopics.

I like Chadwick Boseman and he was FBA. But he had no business playing James Brown. That movie was terrible. :hhh:

The thing about these biopics is that the people worthy of having them are pretty much usually irreplaceable.

James Brown is the greatest entertainer not need Michael Jackson. Sheeeit, he inspired MJ.

There isn't an actor in the history of actors that could bring his energy to the silver screen.

Doing a biopic with whitney fukking houston will bring the same problems :pachaha:

Funny enough biopics are easier to do with bands/singing groups because the star power is spread out so that makes it easier to make it more plot driven.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing about these biopics is that the people worthy of having them are pretty much usually irreplaceable.

James Brown is the greatest entertainer not need Michael Jackson. Sheeeit, he inspired MJ.

There isn't an actor in the history of actors that could bring his energy to the silver screen.

Doing a biopic with whitney fukking houston will bring the same problems :pachaha:

Funny enough biopics are easier to do with bands/singing groups because the star power is spread out so that makes it easier to make it more plot driven.

This is bullshyt

Denzel in X

Jamie Foxx in Ray

If you can't find the right person then don't do it at all.

Thank GAWD Aretha Franklin chose Jennifer Hudson before she died.

Last edited: