Brixton , London "Side of London they Don't Show You"

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
London is nothing like Jamaica
culturally it is very Jamaican. From language to food music, which would mean there would have had to have been plenty of Jamaicans. Obviously geographically and weather its not the same. Theres always one. SMH

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is a fukking lie, how many black black people did u see in that video, barely any, Brixton has been gentrified just like Brooklyn slowly is.
Black people that bought their homes in the 50's and 60's 70's were conned out of them by big real estate agents and they moved in all those yuppies you saw in thge video shown that are not even from London city much less Brixton. They are white kids coming in from the outskirts for Uni or to work and they dont want to leave the city.
we dont know that brixton sorry we cant even buy we records and plantain on electric avenue anymore

same thing they do to all our communities, Hackney, Dalston & Tottenham

this is how brixton used to roll

this author explains it well

To keep it real there is another side to the story, I know quite a few black people that sold up their properties in Brixton tules hill and Stockwell and made a TON of money, a lot of people sold up took the money and went back to Jamaica or moved to Essex ......

I know someone who sold their council house that they bought for £23000 on right to buy for £650000 .......

Gentrification sucks but not everyone is a victim

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
culturally it is very Jamaican. From language to food music, which would mean there would have had to have been plenty of Jamaicans. Obviously geographically and weather its not the same. Theres always one. SMH
Bronx / Brooklyn / Broward >>>>:hubie:

Unu breed unu self out

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Lotta beautiful black people in that house party video. :obama:

Aint seen my people looking that good SINCE the 90's :snoop:

We still had the fire in our eyes then :mjcry:

Yup. Black people had a totally different energy back then. Look at the videos from the 70s to the 90s, huge difference.

It's not bedbucking/wenching if it's in London :dame:

Exactly we didn't even create that term...nor that stupid "Zaddy" term either lol.

Have you been to London?

It's always the ones who've never been here or those who have but went back to the states without getting any p*ssy or got played who have the most to say.

Anyway, I disagree with the brotha in the second video at the end saying it's nice to see diversity in Brixton. No, fukk that. Asians wouldn't say the same about Southall or parts of Birmingham. Back in the 70s and 80s it was a black haven. fukk seeing a bunch of cacs sipping lattes. :camby:

This country wouldn't be what it is if it wasn't for us, it would be good to have a section that's ours that we could run. The same thing that's happened in Harlem, NYC where they've pretty much changed the place until it's unrecognisable, they're doing the same to a part of London that was at one point the black mecca.

I went to a black restaurant last week with some friends and it was good to be able to talk about this very topic out loud around people that understood and agreed.

NYC Warrior

Dat ole real sh*t
Daps
Reppin
BX
this is a fukking lie, how many black black people did u see in that video, barely any, Brixton has been gentrified just like Brooklyn slowly is.
Black people that bought their homes in the 50's and 60's 70's were conned out of them by big real estate agents and they moved in all those yuppies you saw in thge video shown that are not even from London city much less Brixton. They are white kids coming in from the outskirts for Uni or to work and they dont want to leave the city.
we dont know that brixton sorry we cant even buy we records and plantain on electric avenue anymore

same thing they do to all our communities, Hackney, Dalston & Tottenham

this is how brixton used to roll

this author explains it well

That party look lit as fukk! :whoo:

Thats type of shyt I would go see if I ever visit the UK instead of dem nasty ass cacs. :scust:

RehReh

🖤GhettoDolly🖤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
the thing about England, London especially and the major industrial cities like Liverpool and Bristol is that after the second world war, Skilled laborers and Educated peoples of the Commonwealth countries were INVITED formally to come and work/live here. Many, like my grandparents, went home after little work and building a foundation because they were tired of being treated like shyt and underpaid for their skills, but they had children here (my parents gen) and those people had children too...

to say we have no stake in these big cities is not accurate because we literally rebuilt the entire place after Europe shell it down with bomb. now it's pretty and nice they want to reap the benefits.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
the thing about England, London especially and the major industrial cities like Liverpool and Bristol is that after the second world war, Skilled laborers and Educated peoples of the Commonwealth countries were INVITED formally to come and work/live here. Many, like my grandparents, went home after little work and building a foundation because they were tired of being treated like shyt and underpaid for their skills, but they had children here (my parents gen) and those people had children too...

to say we have no stake in these big cities is not accurate because we literally rebuilt the entire place after Europe shell it down with bomb. now it's pretty and nice they want to reap the benefits.

Oh so you're second or third gen? And from where?

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Are there any movies that take place in Brixton?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
To keep it real there is another side to the story, I know quite a few black people that sold up their properties in Brixton tules hill and Stockwell and made a TON of money, a lot of people sold up took the money and went back to Jamaica or moved to Essex ......

I know someone who sold their council house that they bought for £23000 on right to buy for £650000 .......

Gentrification sucks but not everyone is a victim
I say this all the time. not all black folks are pushed out. Nobody puts a gun to your head to sell your house. More like put a nice check to your head