Broward County Dem Zoe's don't stand behind Kodak

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
What did Kodak say?

But he's right , tho about the Nipsey stuff and especially starting around the 12:45 mark and on. Some of them young Haitians who grew up in the US be confused as fukk and just looking for someone to rally around to have some sense of pride. Personally i've never liked nor took part in the calling ourselves "Zoes" thing. I'm Haitian. Not a Zoe. But i respect that it's their movement so it is what it is. But them cats just be rallying around haitian flag but couldnt recite a single line of the Haitian National anthem let alone understand what that flag stands for.
A couple of them are my own cousins and her husband and their friends. :heh:
Not that i'm hating on a younger generation or anything as i understand them cats parents either failed to teach them their own culture so they've got this hybrid half AA half haitian cultural theme going for them. Or they were trying to fit into american culture so hard when they were younger and didnt care to learn from their elders.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
What did Kodak say?

But he's right , tho about the Nipsey stuff and especially starting around the 12:45 mark and on. Some of them young Haitians who grew up in the US be confused as fukk and just looking for someone to rally around to have some sense of pride. Personally i've never liked nor took part in the calling ourselves "Zoes" thing. I'm Haitian. Not a Zoe. But i respect that it's their movement so it is what it is. But them cats just be rallying around haitian flag but couldnt recite a single line of the Haitian National anthem let alone understand what that flag stands for.
Not that i'm hating on a younger generation or anything as i understand them cats parents either failed to teach them their own culture so they've got this hybrid half AA half haitian cultural theme going for them. Or they were trying to fit into american culture so hard when they were younger and didnt care to learn from their elders.
This. I used to be so proud in the whole "Zoe" thing, but it's gotten so "left" of what it's original intent was supposed to be. Now every Haitian American kid, teen, young adult wants to use "Zoe" as some sort of "hood pass" or seal of approval. Why does the nationality have to be so tied to the criminality? I'm a diaspora. I know I'm Americanized as hell, and I probably wouldn't "fit" in Haiti(at least upon arrival), I can only speak broken kreyol. So I'd look silly as hell trying to "Zoe" myself out to overcompensate for being born and raised stateside. At a certain point, it all looks silly.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
This. I used to be so proud in the whole "Zoe" thing, but it's gotten so "left" of what it's original intent was supposed to be. Now every Haitian American kid, teen, young adult wants to use "Zoe" as some sort of "hood pass" or seal of approval. Why does the nationality have to be so tied to the criminality? I'm a diaspora. I know I'm Americanized as hell, and I probably wouldn't "fit" in Haiti(at least upon arrival), I can only speak broken kreyol. So I'd look silly as hell trying to "Zoe" myself out to overcompensate for being born and raised stateside. At a certain point, it all looks silly.

All that gold teeth, semi gang culture they trying to associate with our bicolore is a disrespect to our ancestors but i'll let them express themselves however they like:manny:
I understand the Zoe pound which was what i assume lead the way to the "Zoe" movement was necessary in the environment they were in the 90s when young haitians were being jumped by AAs just because they were haitian. I lived through part of that when i first moved here so i get it. But seems like at some point them cats got caught up between haitian and trying to fit in among AAs and other cultures and forged their own thing. Saddest part is young haitians in haiti see this all over youtube and be trying to mimic the shyt on the island all the sudden

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Seems like Haitian dudes in Kodak age group are supporting him while the older Haitians are like FOH

:camby:

This. Back when the Kodak vs Ebro thing happened, the only OG I seen come to Kodak defense was Trick Daddy. I didn't see Red Eyez, Blind, or any other older Haitians or older Zoe Pound members really defend Kodak.

:hubie:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
This. Back when the Kodak vs Ebro thing happened, the only OG I seen come to Kodak defense was Trick Daddy. I didn't see Red Eyez, Blind, or any other older Haitians or older Zoe Pound members really defend Kodak.

Trick Daddy is not haitian, tho.

I've actually met him once. Homie's hilarious! He and this chick i used to fukk named Trina (not the rapper) grew up in the same neighborhood right next door to each other and their families were close. I met and talked to him one time when we were gonna go out and she wasnt home and asked me to just pick her up from her mom's place. I showed up and he was therewith a couple of brehs and we talked for a minute while homegirl was getting ready. I might have been like 22 or 24 at the most and she was 29.
All i remember was him yelling at her saying "You better go fukk that haitian dikk real good after making that man wait all this time." as she got in the car :russ:

sinistersouth

Banned
Daps
Reppin
New York City. I mean Kansas.
Florida isn't a monolith. Everyone doesn't stand in formation to back Kodak. Margate right next door to Pompano. Especially the east where he's from. Another very Haitian area. Let him speak his truth.

last i checked Creek separates the two cities. and saying you're from the streets of Coconut Creek is also laughable. but he did have some valid points :ehh:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Trick Daddy is not haitian, tho.

I've actually met him once. Homie's hilarious! He and this chick i used to fukk named Trina (not the rapper) grew up in the same neighborhood right next door to each other and their families were close. I met and talked to him one time when we were gonna go out and she wasnt home and asked me to just pick her up from her mom's place. I showed up and he was therewith a couple of brehs and we talked for a minute while homegirl was getting ready. I might have been like 22 or 24 at the most and she was 29.
All i remember was him yelling at her saying "You better go fukk that haitian dikk real good after making that man wait all this time." as she got in the car :russ:
Yeah, my point was to showcase the only OG backing kodak in the situation wasn't even Haitian.

But damn...:russ: You never know who you're gonna see in the hood. Was this in Liberty City? Trick seem like the type to just hang around people's cribs in the hood.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
What did Kodak say?

You caribbean brehs who were born there/raised there and move are even more annoying than the ones there sometimes:gucci:

If they shunned their heritage it would be a problem, if they embrace it in their own way it’s a problem.

We get it, we will never know as much about our island as you brehs

I know you Haitians are a lil different with your culture and patriotism but still.

No disrespect cause you an older breh but still