LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
In nyc jamaicans and haitians and get along fine

Florida is way different bruh.

Some get along with each other due to certain environments (work, school) but for the most parts those 2 groups don't fukk with each other like that. You'd almost have to live down here to see it.

Used to catch all the fights they had on pride or independence days in high schools.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
THis wasnt meant to be a disrespect but when i mentioned AAs i was talking about their style and attitude which mimics South Florida hood AAs. From the way they talk to the whole "gold grille" (gold teeth) thing to riding donks with "candy paint" and on and on. Those styles have never really been a haitian things but were very popular among South FL AAs. Again, them cats grew up in the United states so their whole style and manners came from growing up in American environment.

And i know you're gonna say cultures evolve and i agree but a lot of that evolution comes from how other cultures influence and impact it. Prior to the 80s the external influence mainly came by way of african nations we had alliances with like Senegal and Guinee and Benin. See music artists like Larose, Dadou Pasquet and Coupe Cloue and how they dress. Also latin American culture had major major impact on Haiti. It wasnt until late 80 and on that the Anglo (english speaking cultures) started to impact haiti.

Thus why I laugh when people in the US wanna associate us with Jamaicans. I always tell them our foods and culture is more closely related to Cubans than it ever will Jamaicans. I Understand why they feel that way. BecauseIn America people tend to look at the color of your skin first to determine anything about you.So did look at Jamaicans and HaitiansAnna somThere is so many formularies is (which there are) but our cultures and our foods and others are close to black cubans than jamaicans

If you're talking about youth culture...slang,clothes,cars,love of football, and style then yes....Haitian Americans have adopted elements of South Florida AA youth culture.Also, the amount of Haitian American deportees sent back over the decades has brought elements of NY and FL AA youth culture into Haiti since the mid 1980s.

I think of Zoe Pound specifically when I hear the word Zoe....and to me that's the vagabon element of Haitian culture, and that existed before any of us set foot here. I've always said.....show me an ethnic enclave large enough that the people don't have to assimilate, and I'll show you the truth about a group of people..the good and the bad. Zoes represent the bad of Haitian culture. Parents come here to make a better way for them and they choose to say fukk that and run the streets.

Association of Hait. and Jamaicans is based on being the largest visible groups of "Caribbean" people. Dominicans and Puerto Ricans are associated with each other for being largest hispanic groups (on the East coast).
The Cuban/Haitian similarities are based on Cuba having a large diaspora of Haitians throughout the decades primarily, starting with the gens de couleur and the Africans who fled there after the Haitian revolution.Though perhaps enslaved Africans from the same regions make up the Black populations in both places.

I would imagine that the Haitian population/presence in south Florida and Georgia is bigger than Jamaican. Is that the case?

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
You caribbean brehs who were born there/raised there and move are even more annoying than the ones there sometimes:gucci:

If they shunned their heritage it would be a problem, if they embrace it in their own way it’s a problem.

We get it, we will never know as much about our island as you brehs

I know you Haitians are a lil different with your culture and patriotism but still.

No disrespect cause you an older breh but still

That's because their mindset is contributing to their failure and prison rate because they adopted this dumb ass non sense knowing damn well their mama and daddy don't approve of the bullshyt. The gold grills, the dumb ass Palm tree shyt they do with their hair, tattoos etc.

I am very much bi-cultural (I can date an AA woman and there won't be much cultural difference) but I understand the issue. I don't prescribe to this Zoe non sense either. I know so many Haitians doing great things that I don't want criminality being associated with our culture.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I would imagine that the Haitian population/presence in south Florida and Georgia is bigger than Jamaican. Is that the case?
NO

From what ive seen people from Jamaica , Trinidad and Antigua have the highest numbers here when it comes to Caribbean but none of them are overwhelmingly greater than the other. Moreso Antigua than Trinidad. Those 3 just seem to be slightly higher in numbers. The number of Haitians is rather moderate and they are spread out all over the place. I almost doubt there are 3 or 4 haitian households that live on the same block anywhere in the Atlanta area.

As far as french speakers, tho you'll find many Haitians, Cameroonians, Guineeans and Ivorians. Few Senegalese here and there. Ive even come across a few Guadeloupeans here and there but very rare.
Why is legume a tag? :russ:
shyt made me hungry when i saw it

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Florida is way different bruh.

Some get along with each other due to certain environments (work, school) but for the most parts those 2 groups don't fukk with each other like that. You'd almost have to live down here to see it.

Used to catch all the fights they had on pride or independence days in high schools.
True. I've only seen Haitians and Jamaicans interact on the job. I know of a few dudes who are cool with each other down here but that's about it.

Maybe shyt died down over the years but flag day wasn't crazy in high school for me. Them middle school jits was different though :demonic:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
In nyc jamaicans and haitians and get along fine
By the time I moved to the US, I felt like Jamaicans and Haitians and Bahamians Somewhat got along to some degree. At least in HS. It was mostly African Americans could not stand Haitians At the time. Haitians used to get teased, jumped and beaten to a pulp just for being Haitian. It was dying down by the time I moved here from Haiti but there will still plenty of it going on.That's why when I lived in Miami I never really hung around African Americans much. Except for the AA women I used to date and fukk I never really fukk with AAs like that . But AA women for the most part, always showed me love. But AA brehs were always up to diss or beat up haitians.

It wasnt until i moved to Atlanta that i befriended more AAs to the point where the majority of my friends here are AA. I think i told you guys that story about the AA breh i met in ATL but is from MIA and told me his story how his dad kicked him out because he was dating a haitian chick in that thread @Get These Nets started a while back. The girl's parents took him in for his last year in HS until he went away to college at FAMU

Thus why when I go back to Miami nowadays to see my momAnd I see Haitians and black Americans Hanging together damn near holding hands singing kumbaya and shyt that shyt feels weird to me. Even got some AA brehs eating haitian legume and asking me where they can get a good haitian bouyon. shyt had me :deadmanny: :russ:
I guess the younger generations got along better than those before Wyclef.:manny:
The only AA brehs i was cool with back then were mostly older cats who werent into all that nonsense and a few i was in the Army with.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
@ab.aspectus your Haitian girlfriend doesn’t know Zoe means bone?

:patrice:

I’m horrible at speaking creole and even I know that.

Also you live in Chicago. That Zoe pound terminology was used by Miami Haitians primarily and didn’t make its way around until Haitians got a spot in hip hop.

Even my brothers in Florida were curious as to why I was calling myself a Zoe because they said “Zoe” is only a Florida thing.

Daps
By the time I moved to the US, I felt like Jamaicans and Haitians and Bahamians Somewhat got along to some degree. At least in HS. It was mostly African Americans could not stand Haitians At the time. Haitians used to get teased, jumped and beaten to a pulp just for being Haitian. It was dying down by the time I moved here from Haiti but there will still plenty of it going on.That's why when I lived in Miami I never really hung around African Americans much. Except for the AA women I used to date and fukk I never really fukk with AAs like that . But AA women for the most part, always showed me love. But AA brehs were always up to diss or beat up haitians.

It wasnt until i moved to Atlanta that i befriended more AAs to the point where the majority of my friends here are AA. I think i told you guys that story about the AA breh i met in ATL but is from MIA and told me his story how his dad kicked him out because he was dating a haitian chick in that thread @Get These Nets started a while back. The girl's parents took him in for his last year in HS until he went away to college at FAMU

Thus why when I go back to Miami nowadays to see my momAnd I see Haitians and black Americans Hanging together damn near holding hands singing kumbaya and shyt that shyt feels weird to me. Even got some AA brehs eating haitian legume and asking me where they can get a good haitian bouyon. shyt had me :deadmanny: :russ:
I guess the younger generations got along better than those before Wyclef.:manny:
The only AA brehs i was cool with back then were mostly older cats who werent into all that nonsense and a few i was in the Army with.
Did the Dominicans, Colombians and Cubans down there look down on Haitians too?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
That's because their mindset is contributing to their failure and prison rate because they adopted this dumb ass non sense knowing damn well their mama and daddy don't approve of the bullshyt. The gold grills, the dumb ass Palm tree shyt they do with their hair, tattoos etc.

I am very much bi-cultural (I can date an AA woman and there won't be much cultural difference) but I understand the issue. I don't prescribe to this Zoe non sense either. I know so many Haitians doing great things that I don't want criminality being associated with our culture.
But for AAs it’s okay?