Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
he spends it all on jeans

michael+jordan+jeans.jpg
jordan-jeans.jpg
mjbaggyjeans.preview.jpg

:russ:
I knew someone was gonna say he spent it on jeans when I read the title.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
How much is he worth than? He's gotta be well over 500 million dollars i assume and that's including the divorce. The man has a shoe that costs damn near 200 dollars that has been released for almost 30 years, not to mention the other lines in his collections, and the other players like Melo and CP3 with their own line. As well as having cologne, clothing, ads with some of the biggest companies like gatorade and hanes etc.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Like someone said before, there's nothing MJ can't buy with a half of billion that he's worth already, probably doesn't have to pay for anything anyway but if/when MJ changes the Bobcats to the Hornets and gets them winning, his net worth will skyrocket. Its going to increase based on the Hornets merchandise alone but if he can get a Durant type player through the draft one of these years he could reach a billion.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Of course Nike NOW is a much bigger brand than Jordan but yall ain't keepin it real cuz back then Nike was still a fledgling company some say struggling to stay afloat after they went public in 1980...i prefer to say struggling to find their identity and distinguish themselves from other shoe makers of that time.

Yall saying Nike made Jordan but i actually see it the opposite. Jordan put Nike on the map and gave them that identity. To put it into perspective think of it like this, Jordan would have still been Jordan regardless, i don't think the same can be said with any amount of certainty for Nike. Nike gambled on Jordan becoming a superstar but got much much MUCH more back on that return. What if Jordan never signed up with Nike but instead goes with Adidas? We more than likely wouldn't be sitting here talking about Nike, we'd more than likely be sitting here talking about Adidas.

To answer the question posed i'd say Jordan isn't a billionaire because he didn't take the gamble on Nike that they did on him. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, no one knew Nike would become Nike...but the same can be said about Jordan becoming Jordan. All he needed was to get a bunch of Nike shares right from the jump(using his own money OR forgoing a salary and getting paid in Nike stock), keep and steady reinvest that back into Nike(more shares) and he'd easily be worth more than a billion today.

props, watched a nick canon interview where he was basically saying how you gotta forego the upfront money for more of an ownership stake.....risky but if its a success, you haver make more and have more control

VAGATOR

Pro
Daps
Reppin
:mjpls:

Don't boys, I'm doing alright.

Forbes estimated Jordan’s net worth at $500 million last year as part of our annual Forbes 400. His Nike checks will keep that figure climbing, but the quickest way for Jordan to reach billionaire status is through his ownership of the Charlotte Bobcats.

Jordan bought a minority share of the Bobcats in 2006, but raised his stake to 80% last year replacing Bob Johnson as the owner in charge. Jordan inherited $150 million in debt on the team, but put up little equity to take control of the franchise.(Rumored to be as little as 25 million because Robert Johnson was desperately cash poor due to his divorce and the real estate crash) The grossed up value of the deal was $175 million according to sources, compared to the $300 million Johnson paid for the expansion franchise in 2003.

The Business Of Michael Jordan Is Booming - Forbes

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
His ex got half of eveything, right?.....so technically he is would have been worth a billy now

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the same Jordan that did not even want to sign to Nike in the first place

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Mike tried (wanted) to leave and do his own shyt, being pushed by David Falk and all, but Phil Knight let them know off top that he would stop all of their shyt from getting into any mainstream stores.

As far as the thread goes, as long as you're an employee you're only going to make a percentage of what you contribute, and the employer is gonna cake off of you exponentially. But at least now MJ is a TRUE boss, even if it is with the worst franchise in NBA history.

But at the end of the day, with the hundreds of millions of dollars he has combined with him being arguably the most famous person on the planet over the last two decades, Michael Jordan pretty much has access to anything and MORE than any billionaire has.

:ohhh: Damn

Shouldve just signed a better deal with a different company then

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
I dont know if people are trolling or just plain stupid

Hes worth $500 million and its growing daily. He can release a couple new pair of jordans yearly and make millions. His wealth is only going to grow.