Busta Rhymes cancels all 2024 Blockbusta tour dates a week before kickoff

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Busta Rhymes was set to embark on a 24-date Blockbusta tour, but it has been cancelled based on updates on Ticketmaster.com.

Every concert, from the March 13 opener in San Francisco to the April 21 closing show in the rapper's hometown of Brooklyn, is listed as cancelled on the concert ticketing site.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I keep reading shy it’s hard for artists to tour nowadays due to these rising costs. Sad. 😔

I’m not sure. But I don’t think it makes sense unless you’re somebody super huge.

“Oh, it's pretty expensive," said Mustaine. "I think it's about 45 thousand dollars a day for us just to sit still. I think — it might be 52. But that's just sitting still; that's not doing a show. Show days are more expensive… [That's] salaries, hotel rooms, insurance — everything. The buses, the bus drivers, the trucks, the truck drivers. Yeah, a lot of stuff."

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Looking at the venues, a lot of those are 3-4k capacity places. One of the Texas locations is 5,000 capacity. Many of these are spots I'd expect someone younger like Schoolboy Q to be touring in a few months, not an artist like Busta. I'm not sure he has a fan base that justifies such a broad US tour. If this stuck to the east coast, Atlanta, and LA it would make sense. Just baffled why this started on the west coast....in San Francisco. This should have started in Philly or Detroit, in a 1000-2000 capacity venue.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Busta was never a headliner. A show-stealer yes, but never a headliner.

He let the industry props the last couple years make him forget who he is and who he isnt.

Busta is a legacy act now and it's crazy how he isn't selling tickets but then again, most cats now were swimming in their Dad's sack when Anarchy and ELE came out.