Busta Rhymes cancels all 2024 Blockbusta tour dates a week before kickoff

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Looking at the venues, a lot of those are 3-4k capacity places. One of the Texas locations is 5,000 capacity. Many of these are spots I'd expect someone younger like Schoolboy Q to be touring in a few months, not an artist like Busta. I'm not sure he has a fan base that justifies such a broad US tour. If this stuck to the east coast, Atlanta, and LA it would make sense. Just baffled why this started on the west coast....in San Francisco. This should have started in Philly or Detroit, in a 1000-2000 capacity venue.
The thinking was that he converted enough 50 Cent fans on The Final Lap Tour to be able to tour on his own, but looks like it wasn't the case.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Busta got records…madd records, but does he have like die-hards? I don’t think so. That’s the problem with most of the newer rappers today and why they’re having trouble doing shows that hold more than like 3k…they got joints but nobody is really invested in them and their story and all that other important shh that makes you a real superstar enough to HAVE to go see them…there’s no connection outside of you having some hot records.

A Kid Cudi, for example, as trash as I personally think he is, probably got 19-26 year old fans crying and shaking and shh at his shows waiting for him to come out…they have a genuine connection with him and know everything about him, etc… That’s kinda rare today. Busta and dudes like him would kill like festival/joint tour type joints…they’re not strong enough star power wise to headline 5k-plus jawns

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Do you mean the rising costs of booking arenas?
I’m not sure. But I don’t think it makes sense unless you’re somebody super huge.

“Oh, it's pretty expensive," said Mustaine. "I think it's about 45 thousand dollars a day for us just to sit still. I think — it might be 52. But that's just sitting still; that's not doing a show. Show days are more expensive… [That's] salaries, hotel rooms, insurance — everything. The buses, the bus drivers, the trucks, the truck drivers. Yeah, a lot of stuff."

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Off topic but sometimes I don’t think artists really realize that music is free af, lol. It’s literally for free, I ain’t paid for music in like 15 years B, outside of Soul/old school R&B joints that I just want the physicals of to add to the collection, and the 3 or 4 rappers I actually like. Fans choosing to stream and all this stuff that the artists and the labels, etc… convinced them was necessary and the new wave, is something they should be grateful for.

Streaming services are just the big wigs attempting to make some sort of lemonade out of lemons. Not to support them wicked rotten ass men but yeah…of course the lemonade ain’t sweet like that but it’s better than lemons, 🤷🏽‍♂️. Realistically, these artists could be earning $0 dollars from the music because, again, it’s free! If you ain’t killing the road and slangin that merch like slabs in M&M bags in the 90’s then you technically shouldn’t even be eating at all…Napster and all that f’n nuked the music business, these guys act like that never happened lol. Be happy you’re getting anything off your actual music itself in 2024, for real

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Off topic but sometimes I don’t think artists really realize that music is free af, lol. It’s literally for free, I ain’t paid for music in like 15 years B, outside of Soul/old school R&B joints that I just want the physicals of to add to the collection, and the 3 or 4 rappers I actually like. Fans choosing to stream and all this stuff that the artists and the labels, etc… convinced them was necessary and the new wave, is something they should be grateful for.

Streaming services are just the big wigs attempting to make some sort of lemonade out of lemons. Not to support them wicked rotten ass men but yeah…of course the lemonade ain’t sweet like that but it’s better than lemons, 🤷🏽‍♂️. Realistically, these artists could be earning $0 dollars from the music because, again, it’s free! If you ain’t killing the road and slangin that merch like slabs in M&M bags in the 90’s then you technically shouldn’t even be eating at all…Napster and all that f’n nuked the music business, these guys act like that never happened lol
You are correct like if I wanted to. I could literally just download everything or stream on YouTube. I actually use Spotify for convenience because I don’t have as much time as I used to download songs and everything.

And I guess it makes me feel good, supporting the artist and someway, even though they won’t get paid much from streaming, but if it’s an artist, I really like I do purchase their singles, but it really is pointless

I used to buy CDs to Support but I don’t have a CD player in my car anymore. Lol.

I guess I could buy the albums digitally, but I wouldn’t pay more than $10 and I would only do it for artist that I really love.