Busta Rhymes cancels all 2024 Blockbusta tour dates a week before kickoff

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Off topic but sometimes I don’t think artists really realize that music is free af, lol. It’s literally for free, I ain’t paid for music in like 15 years B, outside of Soul/old school R&B joints that I just want the physicals of to add to the collection, and the 3 or 4 rappers I actually like. Fans choosing to stream and all this stuff that the artists and the labels, etc… convinced them was necessary and the new wave, is something they should be grateful for.

Streaming services are just the big wigs attempting to make some sort of lemonade out of lemons. Not to support them wicked rotten ass men but yeah…of course the lemonade ain’t sweet like that but it’s better than lemons, 🤷🏽‍♂️. Realistically, these artists could be earning $0 dollars from the music because, again, it’s free! If you ain’t killing the road and slangin that merch like slabs in M&M bags in the 90’s then you technically shouldn’t even be eating at all…Napster and all that f’n nuked the music business, these guys act like that never happened lol. Be happy you’re getting anything off your actual music itself in 2024, for real

Streaming killed the music industry more than piracy ever did because it was still a very niche thing to have access to. They still sold CDs at much higher rates because that was the only way most people could listen to a new album. After they destroyed Napster and Audiogalaxy piracy of music drastically fell, and most of the apps were computer killers(Likewire specifically). Hell I remember when I had access to mIRC and MegaUpload and people still asked me how I got my shyt.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
But to your point @Pop123 you're still correct... paying 12-20 a month is much cheaper than buying even four CDs a month for ten if they're on sale(and that's if you're lucky). I remember spending at least thirty a week sometimes lol, and I still downloaded some stuff. They thought they'd kill piracy with streaming but they just made it worse

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Taylor Swift don't have these problems.
Of course, she’s selling out stadiums three nights in a row. I’m sure she can cover all of the expenses associated. Lol.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Also doesn't help like homie said the last good mainstream busta album came out in 06. Most of his hardcores moved on to other groups and artists while he was dropping arab money songs and shyt. Also tells me Busta and removed from reality thinking he was going on tour with this album.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But to your point @Pop123 you're still correct... paying 12-20 a month is much cheaper than buying even four CDs a month for ten if they're on sale(and that's if you're lucky). I remember spending at least thirty a week sometimes lol, and I still downloaded some stuff. They thought they'd kill piracy with streaming but they just made it worse
Don't worry soon we will be paying 40 a month for it.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Last album was mid so that does not help at all. At least Nas dropped some heat before he did some shows lol

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I saw him as at both the Nas/Wu and the 50 Cent Final Lap tours….he’s absolutely the PERFECT supporting act for shows like that, him and spliff bring a whole different energy to the show that honestly made it markedly better….he probably saw the crowd reaction every night and all the love he got during that lifetime achievement award he got last year and thought “time for me to kill them with a tour of my own”, but yeah I can imagine him not drawing like that on a solo run. He just needs to link up with some combo of Nelly/Ja/Luda/Snoop/Fab type acts and do an outside venue summer tour

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Busta has enough fans. I think it wasn't promoted enough, and I bet a lot of fans saw 'Blockbusta Tour' and were not interested because nobody liked that album.

The smart move is do a tour with Q-Tip, Redman or Ludacris. And do the classic joints with a few new tracks mixed in.