'Buy now, pay later' is sending the TikTok generation spiraling into debt

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
This is what I do on many of my big purchases, like a new roof or flooring.

*Heh, did not see the reply button. My statement was directed towards what @Hersh said about interest free payments.

Daps
As long as you pay it back what’s the problem? It’s basically just law away. These corporations desperate as hell tho letting you get the item first. No incentive to pay unless you really care to.,

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm seeing a new dentist for the first time since pre-Covid and I maxxed out my dental insurance's portion, but the dentist suggested I could put the rest on a BNPL plan they have available.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that feels like a dentist telling me to take out a credit card to pay for their services :scust:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm seeing a new dentist for the first time since pre-Covid and I maxxed out my dental insurance's portion, but the dentist suggested I could put the rest on a BNPL plan they have available.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that feels like a dentist telling me to take out a credit card to pay for their services :scust:
Sounds like Care Credit. People use it all the time for a variety of services, they even allow it for veterinarian visits, which makes it popular with pet owners.