Buying CD’s in 1999 at a Tower Records store

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
we did both. used to get mixtapes off the street or in the mall at some stores they'd just have them right there on the counter
shid bone creepin on a come up and mc eiht we come strapped was out around the same time...

they let me get the bone.... but gave me the :stopitslime: with the mc eiht... i never went back to fye

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
limewire..:scust:

nikka this mirc 4life

1024px-MIRC_logo.svg.png
pirate bay if that fails:mjpls:

Lay Z

Pro
Daps
Who remembers them Wall stickers with the lifetime guarantee? Now those were the days:flabbynsick:

Eta if only we knew by lifetime guarantee they meant THEIR life time?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
wiz.jpg

:to:

Last album I bought at Virgin Megastore was probably the deluxe version of Juelz Santana's What The Game's Been Missing. Tower Records was the spot to go to across the street from the movie theater on 66th and Broadway. They had Tower Records, AMC and Barnes & Noble all right there.

All that's left is AMC and an Apple Store.

Daps
Used to hit up the Tower Records on Sunset Blvd in Los Angeles. Virgin Megastore on Sunset was also one of my fav after school haunts, too. Best record store I've been to though was Amoeba Records on Hollywood Blvd. Haven't been in LA in years. Is Amoeba still around?

I still buy cds, btw. Usually rare/limited edition shyt that I can't find on Soulseek. Then I rip 'em to FLAC or 320kbps mp3s.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Actually taking the time to go somewhere and physically buy a cd also made the enjoyment and the hate more intense. I remember copping Supreme Clientele 2 and having to pull over on the side of the road to gather myself cause it was so wack.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Am I the only one who brought most of my music from the bootleg man for 5 bucks? Maybe that's just an NYC thing, sometimes they'd have 2 for 5 deals :krs:

Paying 20 bucks for a CD :scust:
I did that in early 90s with tapes. Begged my older brother to buy me midnight marauders from an African dude on fordham road selling tapes. I loved low end theory and listened to it a lot right/late and not too far from when MM came out. When Award Tour dropped on video music box/funk master flex sessions( and yeah, i used to record flex on tape late at night too) I knew I needed that album. Sidenote, Midnight Marauders Still my all time fav hip hop album - maybe favorite album across all music genres actually. top 3 certainly. :banderas:

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Used to hit up the Tower Records on Sunset Blvd in Los Angeles. Virgin Megastore on Sunset was also one of my fav after school haunts, too. Best record store I've been to though was Amoeba Records on Hollywood Blvd. Haven't been in LA in years. Is Amoeba still around?

I still buy cds, btw. Usually rare/limited edition shyt that I can't find on Soulseek. Then I rip 'em to FLAC or 320kbps mp3s.
Amoeba moved their location to another spot in Hollywood

Daps
Was I the only one who would sign up for the 10 free CDs from the ad in the magazine, then when they would send the other CDs, I would keep them, and not pay, and I was a teen and couldn’t get sent to collections?

:mjgrin: