BW applies to only Ivy League Colleges, emotions everywhere.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps

Nice to see her family support her.

I will say her emotions are a bit concerning, idk what would of happened if she didn’t get in.

Seems like she has this grandiose / pedestalization of these white spaces which tend to gatekeep (clubs, networking, etc) and promote a non-inclusive environment.

Wonder if she would of had the same reaction for an HBCU.

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps

I will say her emotions are a bit concerning, idk what would of happened if she didn’t get in.

Seems like she has this grandiose / pedestalization of these white spaces which tend to gatekeep (clubs, networking, etc) and promote a non-inclusive environment.

The projection :mjlol:

Maybe to her, attending one of the top Universities in the country far outweighs your babble.

More black families need to be pro education and scholastic achievement.

Lastly, :salute: to the sista. Congratulations!

:umad: and borderline illiterate @Ray D’Angelo Harris

Last edited:
Daps

:comeon:

The Ivy League isn’t just a white space. All black students aren’t kept from networking, and making connections, and those universities on your resume hold more weight than an HBCU. It’s unfortunate, but it is what it is. This family clearly stressed the importance of a good education.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
The projection :mjlol:

Maybe to her, attending one of the top Universities in the country far outweighs your babble.

More black families need to be pro education and scholastic achievement.

Lastly, :salute: to the sista. Congratulations!

Oh no, I got into Columbia. Off of a “fukk it let me just see what happens”

:mjlol:

Plus it was 6-7 stops away on the train.

But maybe we all take rejections and handle our emotions different. I’m happy she had a family around her as well.

I just didn’t like seeing her emotions being poured out by a decision from a old white guy.

Not denouncing her education at all. I support all routes for ALL black ppl.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

Wonder if she would have had the same reaction for an HBCU.

She already graduated. This video is four years old.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
"Safety Net" applications are a real thing for a reason. I'm glad it worked out for her in the end, though. Nothing wrong with being ambitious and setting the bar higher than most would dare.
I’m hoping she was just playing it up for a social media moment because that rejection from all of them happens to a lot of students. If she only applied to Ivies her guidance counselor failed her.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I doubt it because that’s not what she wanted or where she wanted to attend and not what she worked for it’s equivalent to being asked to the prom by someone you have no interest in but the person you really want doesn’t even realize you exist.