BW applies to only Ivy League Colleges, emotions everywhere.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
There’s a different between Rutgers and Harvard. This is like saying Red Lobster is also Spago, because they are both white owned restaurant

Do y’all even know what PWI means? 🤣🤣🤣

Rutgers is a state school. It’s a public school.

So it’s an Ivy League versus a public state school.

Both are PWIs. :heh:

Daps
Do y’all even know what PWI means? 🤣🤣🤣

Rutgers is a state school. It’s a public school.

So it’s an Ivy League versus a public state school.

Both are PWIs. :heh:
We know what it means. We’re just saying it’s an elite PWI, so it’s not JUST about being around white people. If it was, she would have chosen different schools.

It’s like saying black people want to move to the suburbs to be around white people. If that were the case, we’d be moving to trailer parks to escape the hood. Some white spaces are beneficial.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
We know what it means. We’re just saying it’s an elite PWI, so it’s not JUST about being around white people. If it was, she would have chosen different schools.

It’s like saying black people want to move to the suburbs to be around white people. If that were the case, we’d be moving to trailer parks to escape the hood. Some white spaces are beneficial.
Why are you explaining this to me? I know what it means, but you guys were using it in the wrong sense. Who doesn’t know ivy league schools are leaps and bounds above state schools lol.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Clown thread that trivializes education.

A few days ago a poster told another poster that her forward thinking parent was wrong for challenging her and placing her in advanced Math class, and today MFer sees an acceptance reveal video and uses it to mock a teenager.

Dudes are really two steps away from harming themselves here.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Nice to see her family support her.

I will say her emotions are a bit concerning, idk what would of happened if she didn’t get in.

Seems like she has this grandiose / pedestalization of these white spaces which tend to gatekeep (clubs, networking, etc) and promote a non-inclusive environment.

Wonder if she would of had the same reaction for an HBCU.

???

Ivy leagu is the top tier university pool in the world dude. The degree is worth more than other degrees, straight up. This is not about "white spaces," whatever that means. It's about setting yourself up for maximum success. If you're smart enough to go to a top 20 college, go. No questions asked.

I couldn't get into an Ivy league school but my UM degree opens doors on a yearly basis for me. My USC grad degree does the same.

thefloorislava

All Star
Daps
???

Ivy leagu is the top tier university pool in the world dude. The degree is worth more than other degrees, straight up. This is not about "white spaces," whatever that means. It's about setting yourself up for maximum success. If you're smart enough to go to a top 20 college, go. No questions asked.

I couldn't get into an Ivy league school but my UM degree opens doors on a yearly basis for me. My USC grad degree does the same.
What kinda work do you do?

Daps
Why are you explaining this to me? I know what it means, but you guys were using it in the wrong sense. Who doesn’t know ivy league schools are leaps and bounds above state schools lol.
The OP is complaining she was this emotional over PWIs as if she only wanted to be in white spaces. We explained it’s not about that. You said they are still PWI, as if we didn’t know.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Oh no, I got into Columbia. Off of a “fukk it let me just see what happens”

:mjlol:

Plus it was 6-7 stops away on the train.

But maybe we all take rejections and handle our emotions different. I’m happy she had a family around her as well.

I just didn’t like seeing her emotions being poured out by a decision from a old white guy.

Not denouncing her education at all. I support all routes for ALL black ppl.
This.

I'm very happy she got into a school of her choice, and things went alright for her.

But seeing her distraught like that over something white people probably barely took the time to assess...it was a new level of sadness I didn't think I could feel over some shyt like this.

Like, this girl's whole world was falling apart after each rejection. Glad she isn't that religious, 'cause if she was she was about to make some crazy ass promises in lieu of that acceptance letter.

shyt almost ruined my dinner lowkey. But oh well.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What kinda work do you do?

Finance.

Ironically I'm in a position where I find myself rejecting quite a few Ivy League intern or employment resumes due to bad interviews. Normal people who go to Ivy Leagues, like the girl in the OP video, tend to be amazing. They work hard and are exceptionally smart. Like you meet them and think yea...this guy/girl will be president in 30 years. But there's one class of Ivy leaguers who I can't stand: legacy ones. These are predominantly white people whose parents went to Harvard/Yale/etc, and so they got into Harvard/Yale/etc. Sure some of these people are smart but many are rich kids who pass through college thanks to paying some kid to do their homework, They've got all the connections but don't know how to do shyt, which is enough to get them a job in many places. I'm at a place where I can reject these people without losing a minute of sleep.

They say insane shyt during an interview and you realize...this person has barely spoken to a normal American in their life, they aren't used to hearing "no" and they can't fathom being told what to do. Just a crazy mix. I've had some hilarious encounters with these people.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Nice to see her family support her.

I will say her emotions are a bit concerning, idk what would of happened if she didn’t get in.

Seems like she has this grandiose / pedestalization of these white spaces which tend to gatekeep (clubs, networking, etc) and promote a non-inclusive environment.

Wonder if she would have had the same reaction for an HBCU.

Why would she be emotional over getting into some underfunded broke ass HBCU? :mjpls: