BW applies to only Ivy League Colleges, emotions everywhere.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the strangest phenomenon I started seeing while an undergraduate was the HS students who record and upload their reactions to college acceptances.

Just another weird social media thing I'll never understand.

Congratulations to her - hope she has a good 4 years :yeshrug:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I Would congratulate her for accomplishing her goal, but it’s a bit much crying cause you got accepted and doing a reaction to it
But at the same time that’s her, can’t judge her emotions on the situation

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Oh no, I got into Columbia. Off of a “fukk it let me just see what happens”

:mjlol:

Plus it was 6-7 stops away on the train.

But maybe we all take rejections and handle our emotions different. I’m happy she had a family around her as well.

I just didn’t like seeing her emotions being poured out by a decision from a old white guy.

Not denouncing her education at all. I support all routes for ALL black ppl.

So how was your experience in that white space?

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Huh? Most Ivy League universities are PWI’s.

Yes they are but, Ivy League schools are in a different category though for real and the connections are different. Would you feel better getting brain surgery from a doctor that went to Harvard Med or a doctor that went to Saint James School of Medicine which by the way doesn't require a MCAT to get in. Harvard and Yale are known world wide. Other colleges aren't and only have a regionally appeal like LSU

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes they are but, Ivy League schools are in a different category though for real and the connections are different. Would you feel better getting brain surgery from a doctor that went to Harvard Med or a doctor that went to Saint James School of Medicine which by the way doesn't require a MCAT to get in. Harvard and Yale are known world wide. Other colleges aren't and only have a regionally appeal like LSU
Ivy League really is different. Harvard paid my cousin to stay aboard and take a year off while she was a top student. Paid accommodations and monthly stipend and not a regular dorm but a nice apartment.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honest question from a foreigner, not being sarcastic or anything. When y'all go to the doctor, do y'all really check to see which school they got their diploma from?

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Good for her, she’ll actually benefit the race instead of singing dancing and retiring as a fukking office clerk.

Yall keep your ICDC college

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Honest question from a foreigner, not being sarcastic or anything. When y'all go to the doctor, do y'all really check to see which school they got their diploma from?

Their credentials are usually displayed in their office. Health and Quality Management is part of my field so yes, I do pay attention to things like this. For a general practice, its not too serious IMHO but if you're getting specialized care or a specialized procedure it is important. Remember, they call it "practicing medicine" for a reason.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Good for her. It feels good when your kids can succeed being productive even if she is going to be liberalized to Oblivion.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
of course but an ivy league school can also be a PWI and most are including upenn. i think OP changed the post or thread title though.

i think they meant to say pwi vs hbcu or ivy league vs a state school.

saying ivy league vs PWI makes no sense but upenn is a PWI lol