Cacs are very mad at Superfly

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
aka TLR Algebra

73264175_dhdh.gif

Especially because we’ve just had a study show way more than half of critics are white men. So I guess all black critics crawled out from hiding to review black panther and then went back into hiding when super fly came out. I get it. They missed the memo

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, we should be real proud of that :francis:

Gotti and Ocean's 8 opened this weekend, too.

Go to certain bars and restaurants and they got white gangsters on the walls. shyt, a lot of em are named Capone's or something to that effect.

You really wanna do respectability politics?:rudy:

We're supposed to hang our heads because there's a fictional movie about a Black drug dealer???

You gotta be shyttin me.:camby:

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
You sound like Brie Larsen making excuses for trash movies, Ernie.

Black Panther is currently 92% on RT and grossed over a billion dollars and that movie is about an African KING.
I hope you're not really that dense and that was a temporary gap in logic.

Black Panther is a) a fantasy b) a film about superhero who is basically MLK and poses no threat to cacs.

While Superfly is also a fictional, it's based in reality because there are nikkas who are living like that and we all know this.

Cacs get mad when we get welfare and food stamps. Their anger about that is documented. How do you really think they feel about Black drug dealers who enjoy a lavish lifestyle? Why do think there was a War on Drugs?

Please tell me you were sleepy and you typed without thinking.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saw it because I couldn't see Incredibles 2. Superfly is a wack movie.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Go to certain bars and restaurants and they got white gangsters on the walls. shyt, a lot of em are named Capone's or something to that effect.

We're supposed to hang our heads because there's a fictional movie about a Black drug dealer???

That one meme with the white gangster in the suit and next to it a pic of a brother with pants saggin always has me
:russ:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Black Panther is a) a fantasy b) a film about superhero who is basically MLK and poses no threat to cacs.

While Superfly is also a fictional, it's based in reality because there are nikkas who are living like that and we all know this.

Cacs get mad when we get welfare and food stamps. Their anger about that is documented. How do you really think they feel about Black drug dealers who enjoy a lavish lifestyle? Why do think there was a War on Drugs?

Lol you must not check reddit

Cats over there are salty as fukk about Black Panther. It's making more than Avengers domestically and dudes are mad.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps

First it was "reviewers don't want to see black people have things". Black Panther lives a far more lavish lifestyle than anyone in this film and has high reviews. Now its all this other stuff. You are either missing the point or moving goalposts

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

fukk outta here with this juelzin bullshyt.

Really trying to cop pleas for drug dealers now. :stopitslime:

And quick to get mad when we get stereotyped and profiled. Stop taking pride in this nonsense

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Lol you must not check reddit

Cats over there are salty as fukk about Black Panther. It's making more than Avengers domestically and dudes are mad.

Stop letting a vocal minority of loud mouth clowns online speak for everyone. They are the mad exception, let them stay mad

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family

How do YOU feel about the glorification of drug dealing?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Did you watch the original?

Did you understand while priest was successful he was working for the white man was trying to escape that was the point of the movie.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Wouldn't be surprised if alot of negative reviews are from blacks.

Same thing with slave movies. As a people I don't think we want to be associated with slavery and illegal come ups anymore.

That's not who we are anymore

Slave movies are usually made by cacs. Slave movies are usually exploitative and misrepresent the enslaved Africans...and if you notice, we don't have shyt in slavery

It's rare that cacs will make a Black gangster movie with an intelligent, rich, and stylish lead that (no spoilers). If you know of one, name it.

As far as who we are and who are not, how many Italians feel ashamed of The Sopranos or the works of Scorcese?

Last edited: