Cacs are very mad at Superfly

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Did you watch the original?

Did you understand while priest was successful he was working for the white man was trying to escape that was the point of the movie.
I did watch the original. It was terrible. But it was still an important film for reasons outside of its quality.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
wheres the lgbtqrstzx representation:picard::usure::sitdown:

landscape-1520225504-frances-mcdormand-inclusion-rider.gif

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Lol you must not check reddit

Cats over there are salty as fukk about Black Panther. It's making more than Avengers domestically and dudes are mad.
I dont check Reddit often at all. But I'm very aware that there are scores of cacs who are mad at Black Panther. shyt, they were mad at the fukkin poster before the movie even came out. Which again, proves my original point.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did watch the original. It was terrible. But it was still an important film for reasons outside of its quality.

So to your point why are you saying they don't like a successful black man when even with all his success he was still being controlled by whites.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
So to your point why are you saying they don't like a successful black man when even with all his success he was still being controlled by whites.
The new movie isn't a carbon copy of the original. In the new one, Priest isn't under white folks thumb.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
First it was "reviewers don't want to see black people have things". Black Panther lives a far more lavish lifestyle than anyone in this film and has high reviews. Now its all this other stuff. You are either missing the point or moving goalposts
I explained the difference between the two. Black Panther is better film overall even aside from racial politics.

Daps
Slave movies are usually made by cacs. Slave movies are usually exploitative and misrepresent the enslaved Africans...and if you notice, we don't have shyt in slavery

It's rare that cacs will make a Black gangster movie with an intelligent, rich, and stylish lead that (no spoilers). If you know of one, name it.

As far as who we are and who are not, how many Italians feel ashamed of The Sopranos or the works of Scorcese?

Italians are not being pulled over, and cars searched because of the mob. Whites in general have enough positive representation that their negative stereotypes don’t soak up half their media positions. We also know there are far fewer white boys who see mob films and aspire to do the same thing, because they were not raised with little options, as opposed to young black boys who don’t have positive role models at home, and look to entertainment as examples.