cacs only showering their children once a week

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
This is true for small babies. You're not supposed to bathe them everyday. It dries your skin out and fukks it up. A full bath twice a week, and a wipe down the other days.

No excuse for a big kid or adult to not bathe everyday though.........

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
You Don't Have to Shower Every Day, Dermatologists Say

A new study shows that bathing too often is actually really bad for your skin.
If you take daily showers, you may be doing more harm to your body than good. A new study shows that bathing too often is actually really bad for your skin.

"We over-bathe in this country," says Boston dermatologist Dr. Ranella Hirsch. "That's really important to realize. A lot of the reasons we do it is because of societal norms."

It's true. We're told by parents, friends and media that we have to regularly shave, moisturize, shower and shampoo to stay clean and smelling fresh. But the truth is that showering once a day dries out your skin and removes essential oils.

Dermatologists say, the more you wash, especially in hot water, the more likely you are to dry out and irritate your skin. You could be washing away good bacteria that naturally helps your skin and make small cracks that can lead to skin infections.

--------------------------

You Asked: How Often Should I Shower?
Too much all-over bathing may even raise your risk for some health issues. Dry, cracked skin opens up gaps for infection-causing germs to slip through. That means frequent bathing when your skin is already dry—and especially as you age, when your skin becomes thinner and less hydrated—may increase the odds of coming down with something, Larson says.

Other experts agree. “I think most people over-bathe,” says Dr. C. Brandon Mitchell, assistant professor of dermatology at George Washington University.

Mitchell says washing can strip your skin of its natural oils, and may also disrupt the skin's population of immune system-supporting bacteria. That’s especially true of antibacterial cleansers, which both he and Larson recommend you ditch. (More reason to skip the antibacterial soaps: Some research has linked triclosan, an ingredient found in many of these products, to potential health risks.)

They not washing, yet they age like dogs:mjgrin:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I heard my coworker say someting like this about her toddler but im not a parent. I do know Americans are fukking up their immune systems by being germophobes, not realizing that we need good bacteria. Killing them all is counter productive.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
shyt like that is why I don't get folk wrong for taking their seeds to them high-end daycares at ALL.:scusthov:
fukking Japser with the bowl cut chewing on your baby girls leg in the play pen and giving ERRYBODY the fukking mange 'cause Mom read some shyt on Livejournal about babies not needing to bathe everyday 'cause they don't sweat'n'shyt.:scust:

Short of having your babies fall asleep and not wanting to wake them when they really young, every day you should be washing ya kids and dabbing a clean, designated rag of some sort to clean the gums. Foot and mouth diasease and thrush run rampant in daycares due to infected kids coming from folk that get really Blase with keeping infants clean.

Last edited:
Daps
I overheard a Cac woman once tell another that she didnt brush her toddlers teeth she just let him eat an apple to clean his mouth. :what:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
The dermatologist always suggest that u don't need to bathe everyday because it will make your skin dry and if u have a skin condition it will make it worse. But they do always say u wash your private areas everyday. Soaps can be really harmful for some people.

So technically taking a shower every other day and doing bird baths in between isn't bad for you health.

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
No wonder the stinkiest fukkkers at the gym are either Indian brehs or disgusting cacs smelling like sour shyt :scusthov:.. they prolly dont shower after too.. cac savages

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin

i see where that 'wet dog' culture comes from :scust::scust::scust:

btw why is it that whenever i see cacettes taking a shower in movie scenes, why is there no bar of soap in sight :laff:

I always hear (white) parents say stuff like "I'll clip my baby's nails tonight, it's bath night" and I always wonder why they have to designate a special night for a bath :francis:

pawg lovers should already be aware of this

be more worried bout washing their hair than body. And no wash cloth or scrubber...

Black women got the goat hygiene and that is facts please don't dispute this.

Reminds me of the third grade when I used to see all the white kids come in with sopping wet hair. I remember this one girl told me she bathed once a week. Then she threw the:picard:when I said I only washed my hair once a week. My parents made me take a bath every day and night before I went to bed. Told me that I ain't never walking around smelling like a white person.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
The dermatologist always suggest that u don't need to bathe everyday because it will make your skin dry and if u have a skin condition it will make it worse. But they do always say u wash your private areas everyday. Soaps can be really harmful for some people.

So technically taking a shower every other day and doing bird baths in between isn't bad for you health.
I've never understood where this one ever came from. Unless you are using a goddamn wave boar brush to scrub your skin, soap and water shouldn't dry out shyt nor have any real negative effects. If it does you have bigger problems than soap and water. And the hypothetical dermatologist needs to focus on whatever that bigger issue is.