Cacs will Cac, peep this Ebola :scheme:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Again, thats not how statistics works.

and furthermore, if they had finished trials a year ago, you'd be looking for a reason to connect it to "last august"

You're a biologist?

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I believe that the cause of the outbreak will never be officially determined... even if we have determined the source of many viruses for thousands of years.

What does this statement even mean?

Whatever - the outbreak in west africa has already been traced back to a Dec 2013 case in Guinea.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1404505#t=article
You believe it occurred from a bat bite? :mjlol: Africa has been around for millenia and there has never been such a deadly outbreak on the continent, yet now all of a sudden a bat bite is droppin' people left and right? Are you REALLY that stupid? :mjlol:

Part of the reason this outbreak of ebola has been so devastating is because of the population density in Monrovia.

So let's get this straight, a continent not known for epidemics

You don't know the definition of epidemic. Therefore you should stop talking immediately.

You've exposed your limited scientific knowledge.

The first Marburg virus outbreak occured in GERMANY during the early 70's. Since then, recurrent outbreaks have occured in Africa. Definitely a fishy situation.

Marburg is not Ebola. They are both viral hemorrhagic fevers. Please stop talking.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

real dudes aint worried about ebola man. the witchdoctors only treating elites at the moment :win:.

they'll release the cure to the public when the times right :myman:

still gotta invest in real defenses in all areas.

all my ladies :hula:all my ladies :hula:tukalay :hula:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Marburg is not Ebola. They are both viral hemorrhagic fevers. Please stop talking.

Listen moron, both Marburg and Ebola are BOTH hemorrhagic fevers that are under the genus filovirus. They are grouped together because they share a similar morphology. Perhaps you should read this article written by this liberal cac from Slate, as i'm sure you'll accept his view on things, being that he is a cac and I'm just a dumb negro:

Hemorrhagic fevers come in four basic flavors, the most deadly of which—Filoviridae—comprises the four known subtypes of Ebola as well as the Marburg virus (each of these has its own sequence of genetic material). These "filoviruses" have a shape that differentiates them from the other types of viral hemorrhagic fevers, which includedengue and yellow fever. A filovirus particle consists of a strand of RNA and some viral proteins wrapped in a long, skinny package made of fatty membrane. (The elongated shape gives it a "filamentous" appearance; particles from the other families are smaller and more spherical.) Filovirus particles can come in one of several varieties: straight, U-shaped, ring-shaped, curled over, or shaped like a "shepherd's crook." Some scientists surmise that certain shapes are more infectious than others; some assume the differences are random and of little consequence.

A significant amount of the data on Marburg virus, for example, comes from Europe, where the first known cases turned up in 1967. Several dozen researchers contracted the illness at around the same time in three different cities—Belgrade, Frankfurt, and, naturally, Marburg. The virus appeared to have come from a set of green monkeys that had been captured in Uganda and sent to Europe for laboratory use.

I have a BS in biology and have done extensive research on viruses and phage RNA vectors. Please sit your ass down and read a book or ten before you attempt to discredit someone that is obviously more knowledgeable in the subject of viruses than you are.

Read this for more information:
http://www.wilsondisease.org/difference-between-ebola-and-marburg/

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
What does this statement even mean?

Whatever - the outbreak in west africa has already been traced back to a Dec 2013 case in Guinea.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1404505#t=article

Part of the reason this outbreak of ebola has been so devastating is because of the population density in Monrovia.

You don't know the definition of epidemic. Therefore you should stop talking immediately.

You've exposed your limited scientific knowledge.

ep·i·dem·ic
ˌepiˈdemik/
noun
noun: epidemic; plural noun: epidemics
a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time

Since when was Africa known for widespread occurences of infectious diseases before the unwashed invaders from the north set foot in Africa Dr. @tru_m.a.c ?

Gotta love doctors who can't connect the dots :heh:

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Listen moron, both Marburg and Ebola are BOTH hemorrhagic fevers that are under the genus filovirus. They are grouped together because they share a similar morphology. Perhaps you should read this article written by this liberal cac from Slate, as i'm sure you'll accept his view on things, being that he is a cac and I'm just a dumb negro:

I have a BS in biology and have done extensive research on viruses and phage RNA vectors. Please sit your ass down and read a book or ten before you attempt to discredit someone that is obviously more knowledgeable in the subject of viruses than you are.

Read this for more information:
http://www.wilsondisease.org/difference-between-ebola-and-marburg/

Damn you just shytted on him!:russ:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Damn you just shytted on him!:russ:

Not really. He said a whole bunch of nothing.

Listen moron, both Marburg and Ebola are BOTH hemorrhagic fevers that are under the genus filovirus.

Hmmm sounds familiar….who was the first person to say that in this thread…..

Perhaps you should read this article written by this liberal cac from Slate, as i'm sure you'll accept his view on things, being that he is a cac and I'm just a dumb negro

So instead of dropping a link to the CDC or PubMed you drop a slate article to "prove" I'll listen to a white person over a black? How does that even make sense?

:heh: so let me get this straight Mr. BS in biology w/ extensive research on virus and phage RNA vectors, you're completely comfortable going on the record as claiming that the subsequent Marburg epidemics in Africa are "fishy situations." You're going to be completely disingenuous and disregard the numerous studies detailing the viral evolution of Marburg? What's the point of flaunting a science degree if you're going to play dumb when it rubs against your militant philosophy?

Like you nikkas try to so hard to be blacker than you are that you contradict yourself at every step. So let me get this straight. You have a BS in biology, understand viral evolution, but still subscribe to an unsubstantiated point of view on Marburg and Ebola?

Oh and unlike the rest of these dummies, your bio degree doesn't impress me sir. Health policy major here, who for the last year worked with infectious disease physicians on the development of an Antibiogram. So we both know you're puffing your chest and shooting the shyt to impress a bunch of nobodies.

:laff: amazing how you allow this entire thread to go on and literally don't drop one piece of credible analysis on the ebola virus. But I'm supposed to respect your knowledge huh? Okay but your BS in Bio allowed you to dap this statement?

Ebola was first detected by CAC scientists in 1976, ironically similar to the Marburg strain known in Germany. :patrice: Coincidentally, ebola is also classified as a bioterroism agent, meaning it can be weaponized for biological warfare. So let's get this straight, a continent not known for epidemics mysteriously in the 1970s suddenly starts coming across ebola

A BS in bio poster allowed someone to state that two viruses were "ironically similar." Is that what you were writing in your lab reports :laff:

A BS in Bio poster allowed someone to state that Africa was a continent NOT KNOWN FOR EPIDEMICS until the 1970s.

:laff: :laff: :laff: hoooooly shyt I'm done.

Let's see which way you go here. Are you gonna continue this hard lined Anti-CAC stance (and continue to display cognitive dissonance in regards to the ethnic makeup of the authors of your highly touted virology studies)? Or are you going to fess up and correct your Anti-CAC brethren who clearly has no idea what he's rambling on about?

PS- @blackzeus I already see your back pedal game from a mile away. First it was a continent not known for epidemics mysteriously in the 1970s. Now it's before the unwashed invaders from the north set foot in Africa. Don't worry, if @Hiphoplives4eva decides to be academically honest for two seconds he'll completely obliterate your assumption and teach you about epidemics.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
PS- @blackzeus I already see your back pedal game from a mile away. First it was a continent not known for epidemics mysteriously in the 1970s. Now it's before the unwashed invaders from the north set foot in Africa. Don't worry, if @Hiphoplives4eva decides to be academically honest for two seconds he'll completely obliterate your assumption and teach you about epidemics.

When did I backpedal from a statement? :why: Please name the major epidemics in Africa before the 1970s breh, I'm man enough to admit I'm wrong if I'm wrong, :manny: Please educate a brother.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

So instead of dropping a link to the CDC or PubMed you drop a slate article to "prove" I'll listen to a white person over a black? How does that even make sense?

:heh: so let me get this straight Mr. BS in biology w/ extensive research on virus and phage RNA vectors, you're completely comfortable going on the record as claiming that the subsequent Marburg epidemics in Africa are "fishy situations." You're going to be completely disingenuous and disregard the numerous studies detailing the viral evolution of Marburg? What's the point of flaunting a science degree if you're going to play dumb when it rubs against your militant philosophy?

Like you nikkas try to so hard to be blacker than you are that you contradict yourself at every step. So let me get this straight. You have a BS in biology, understand viral evolution, but still subscribe to an unsubstantiated point of view on Marburg and Ebola?

Oh and unlike the rest of these dummies, your bio degree doesn't impress me sir. Health policy major here, who for the last year worked with infectious disease physicians on the development of an Antibiogram. So we both know you're puffing your chest and shooting the shyt to impress a bunch of nobodies.

:laff: amazing how you allow this entire thread to go on and literally don't drop one piece of credible analysis on the ebola virus. But I'm supposed to respect your knowledge huh? Okay but your BS in Bio allowed you to dap this statement?

A BS in bio poster allowed someone to state that two viruses were "ironically similar." Is that what you were writing in your lab reports :laff:

A BS in Bio poster allowed someone to state that Africa was a continent NOT KNOWN FOR EPIDEMICS until the 1970s.

Let's see which way you go here. Are you gonna continue this hard lined Anti-CAC stance (and continue to display cognitive dissonance in regards to the ethnic makeup of the authors of your highly touted virology studies)? Or are you going to fess up and correct your Anti-CAC brethren who clearly has no idea what he's rambling on about?

tBzaqEg.gif

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

You've said a whole bunch of nothing. sit your ass down.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
When did I backpedal from a statement? :why: Please name the major epidemics in Africa before the 1970s breh, I'm man enough to admit I'm wrong if I'm wrong, :manny: Please educate a brother.

:sas1: Seems there has been no reply from the biochemist Gawd posters. Normally I'd come back in a thread I made to gloat, but I'd rather all my speculations be called nonsense than for one innocent person to have to die for the benefit of world control by a specific group. My heart goes out to all the Nigerians/Liberians/any ethnic group suffering, as well as the people in Texas who caught this bullsh*t. Be careful brehs, and let's hope this sh*t doesn't spread further into the US

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quote: When the samples were received, Peter Piot, the 27-year-old medical graduate and his colleagues, among other things, placed the blood samples under an electron microscope. Piot: “We saw a gigantic worm like structure — gigantic by viral standards. It’s a very unusual shape for a virus, only one other virus looked like that and that was the Marburg virus.” But the new “virus” needed a name. Piot relates the interesting tale of how Ebola came to be named as Ebola: Endquote. Because it could not be Marburg virus, heh, Peter. Marburg virus was traceble to Behringswerke AG -> Hoechst AG -> German government AG. It may have produced the same symptoms and may have used the same pathway and it may look exactly like Marburg virus but it just cannot be. Peter even decided that it wasn't the same species and invented a new genus for it and nobody in the medical world raised any questions. Instead of being disgraced or even corrected Peter skyrocketed through the medical ranks (see his Wiki page) and was even made a baron by the Belgian king as wel as being choosen the 'Greatest Belgian' and receiving knighthoods from several countries. Would anyone like a cookie? Endquote