Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I don't think moving out here would be wavey for anyone that isn't white and rich at this point. I understand. My entire social circle is black, I'm not partying with whites or asians on the side. I'm just saying that for the native, city slicker brehs that chose to stay here and fight for what's theirs, they're still doing ok for themselves as long as their grind or hustle was right coming into it. I wish more folks had stayed and fought though, since I feel like moving to the burbs is somewhat of a cop out, and a trap tbh. Social movements have historically been birthed within city limits and I'm concerned now that we will no longer be seeing them in the future, lest it be through social media. Nothing beats having actual people in the street putting in work however.
i agree with you. but i also grew up in the suburbs and i'm young so naturally i'm attracted to more dense/urban areas right now

truth2you

All Star
Daps
It's not right, but it's how it is. You're still slaving regardless, and like I said, there are ways that make it affordable for the natives, such as me and my friends, to stay here. What do the suburbs offer outside of a bit more personal space though :jbhmm:

Go to work, sit in traffic for three hours, just to go home to a large house in the middle of nothing? For some people it's fine, but me, I'll grind, and enjoy the amenities that the city has to offer. It's where I'm from and what I know. Like I said, we've still got friends and family out here. It's not the ghost town people make it out to be. And know lots of people that moved away are wishing they could come back now.
that's true, but you have to ask what's more important getting by or enjoying life? I USED to say work to get paid, but as I got older, and went through some tough times, my thought changed. I realized I'm doing all of the shyt I was indoctrinated to believe as a big city boy(NYC), but its not bringing me the happiness I always wanted when I was a child. I used to go down south in the summer, and just enjoy life, then go back to NYC and its back to the bullshyt of city life, but I thought it was the best way to live. Don't get me wrong, I still love city life, but because it costs so much more now, and is ran so poorly, I don't see the incentives to live there anymore, just visit. Everyone doesn't have this option, so they should stay in the city, but not just accept the changes, they should fight to make this better for them, they shouldn't just let these corporations change things, and they get the short end of the stick.

In this era it's not an easy answer like it used to be, you have to be creative because larger, and richer, businesses have taken over things. The days of simplicity are over.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
that's true, but you have to ask what's more important getting by or enjoying life? I USED to say work to get paid, but as I got older, and went through some tough times, my thought changed. I realized I'm doing all of the shyt I was indoctrinated to believe as a big city boy(NYC), but its not bringing me the happiness I always wanted when I was a child. I used to go down south in the summer, and just enjoy life, then go back to NYC and its back to the bullshyt of city life, but I thought it was the best way to live. Don't get me wrong, I still love city life, but because it costs so much more now, and is ran so poorly, I don't see the incentives to live there anymore, just visit. Everyone doesn't have this option, so they should stay in the city, but not just accept the changes, they should fight to make this better for them, they shouldn't just let these corporations change things, and they get the short end of the stick.

In this era it's not an easy answer like it used to be, you have to be creative because larger, and richer, businesses have taken over things. The days of simplicity are over.
I'm with you. City Life is overrated.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
But that is the problem, you shouldn't have to work like a slave to live regular in the WORLDS RICHEST COUNTRY!

"B b b bu but I gotta enjoy warm weather 12 months of the year while smoking the best weed and have access to the mixed raced broads :mjpls: . Ill,do anything for that lifestyle!"

Greedy landlord: oh, really? 'anything' to live in Cali? :youngsabo:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Is it a trap, though.

If anything all the regulations in the city slow things down. If people in the suburbs wanted to create businesses, it would be much easier then in the city, at least on the east coast, and the costs would be cheaper. The only issue will be getting as much clientele compared to a city, but in this day & age, we have the internet, and most people drive anyway.

I think if you use the proper tools available to us now, suburbs might be better then the city for the average small business, when you consider the cost of everything. If the costs were cheaper, regulations not so deep, the city would be the best option just due to all the people that congregate there.

That's a good point. But most people do all their shopping online these days.

I don't think I'd want to stay in NY either :russ:. I'm a pisces from the bay area, I need to be near some water, otherwise I'd probably die lol. The weather is a huge reason that so many people want to move here.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
That's a good point. But most people do all their shopping online these days.

I don't think I'd want to stay in NY either :russ:. I'm a pisces from the bay area, I need to be near some water, otherwise I'd probably die lol. The weather is a huge reason that so many people want to move here.
I always wanted go to the bay, and maybe buy something, because I want to be near some water too, and just get that Northern cali vibe!

My issue is I don't want to be near any hood bullshyt, but I don't want to be one of the the only black guys in my area. What areas do you suggest with condos, that have a good mix where I won't stand out much, and is not conservative? don't care about price, unless its just ridiculous.

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
"B b b bu but I gotta enjoy warm weather 12 months of the year while smoking the best weed and have access to the mixed raced broads :mjpls: . Ill,do anything for that lifestyle!"

Don't get me wrong, if you are young/have money,and willing to do it, go for it.

Its a problem if you have children, not enough money to pay bills on time, and still worried about playing around

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Born and raised in LA. Living in Miami right now love it there, gonna go to texas for 3 years with my girl make a killing and then move back to miami. LA is horrible now from the taxes, transplants, health freaks.

Gusto

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I moved to the Bay, and my housing went up like 1.5x but my wages for easier work damn near doubled. It's really not that bad brehs. I'd do it again 10 times out of 10.
:yeshrug:

I don't think it's a great idea to buy a house here right now, but it's one of the best places to cake if you're about your business and gonna grind regardless. There's so much money out here, it's a giant p*ssy begging to be fukked.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
I've learned to stop listening to what other people think is good for them or feed into whats trendy and do what you think fits YOU and yours....At the end of the day Its no perfect science to this shyt....People who try push there narrative on other people are weird to me.....

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I'm with you. City Life is overrated.

But extroverts want to be in cities and party, party, party and don't believe in moderation. That's what the majority of the Coli wants. Even people trying to raise kids in the middle of major cities where it wasn't even designed to have families in the first place.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I've learned to stop listening to what other people think is good for them or feed into whats trendy and do what you think fits YOU and yours....At the end of the day Its no perfect science to this shyt....People who try push there narrative on other people are weird to me.....

Yeah, some people want to live in burbs near major cities to raise kids in family friendly environments and to have clean air and free parking.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Yeah, some people want to live in burbs near major cities to raise kids in family friendly environments and to have clean air and free parking.

Like i said as long as your happy and comfortable live where the hell you want to live:yeshrug: