Call Him Jay Electronica aka Jay ElecHannukah aka Jay ElecYarmulke...Appreciation Thread

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I know, I know...the coli and fans all over got an issue with this nikka because we still waiting on that full-length, conventional, commercial debut. (Yo, Jay, what you waiting on? :dwillhuh::stopitslime::aicmon:)

And I get it, brehs is hungry. :feedme: Ribs is touching and shyt and they know Jay got the lyrical manna to bring nourishment to nikkas' souls so they can move through the struggle. So why ain't he feeding us?? :why:

I can't answer why he ain't dropped already. :francis:

But this ain't about that. :no:

Don't even front, regardless of all that bullshyt, this nikka deserves to be celebrated. :blessed: He's one of hip-hop's shining sons. You can be frustrated because it's clear the nikka can do more but don't act like the nikka's contribution to hip-hop ain't already 8 more than 92.

Timothy Elpadaro Thedford aka Jay Electronica aka Jay ElecHannukah aka Jay ElecYarmulke aka Jay ElectRamadan Muhammad Asalama'Aleykum Rasul'Allah aka Jay Electrolysis aka Jay Dogone is a fukking genius. Hailing from the Magnolia Projects of New Orleans, this dusty, weird-looking, homeless-transient, lyrical genius done somehow become one of my favorite rappers ever. :wow:

Yes, this nikka is a fukking enigma. A myth. An urban legend. Unorthodox as hell. A pro-black built, Nation of Islam-affiliated, 5% revolutionary in the form of a rapper...who also happens to be fukking a white homely billionaire heiress. :yayo: This nikka is a mystery that has confounded anyone who has taken notice since the nikka was spittin holy scriptures, abstract rhymes, and mystical shyt over the score for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. But you can't deny my nikka. You can't just dismiss my nikka because he's been holed up in some cottage in the UK for a few years. You can't just write him off merely as some Killah Preist clone--peace to Priest. Clearly, he was inspired by Priest and Nas and Monch and a bunch others but...son is ill in his own right.

Who got this resume??
- 38 and still hasn't released a commercial album yet is legitimately mentioned with some of the greatest to ever do this rap shyt

- co-signed by the likes of Nas, Jay-Z, Just Blaze, Puff, and Minister Farrakhan, to name a few

- ghostwro...err "produced" Queens Get the Money :mjpls:

- collaborated with Nas on the ****** album

- Exhibit A :ohlawd:

- Exhibit C--charted as high as 86 :dead:

- about 10-15 songs in his catalogue that can arguably go toe to toe against the top 10-15 songs of 95% of all rappers ever...dead serious :hmm:

- snatched a Rothschild from a Goldsmith and had her saying he saved her life and shyt

- casualty on the long list of eccentric and eclectic rappers to be fukked silly by Erykah Badu

- one of the first Roc Nation signees

- random drunk twitter rants about various injustices on a hundred thousand trillion

- live performances consist of him just talking acapellas mixed with stream-of-conscious ramblings...but nikkas still show up for the shows

- featured in some strange video that surfaced where he's interviewing Ben fukking Zino in some dark walk-in closet and the interview culminates in him reducing Eminem to a pawn of Satan and casting Benzino as a man who is waging a war that is disturbing a global plan for world domination :wtf::russ:

:salute: my nikka! :clap: for the nikka!

And don't worry, the album gonna drop :yes:

...eventually :mjcry:

Last edited:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I might neg you for the Ghostwriting bullshyt but other than that :salute: to Jay Electronica. He just sent the album to a Shamalyan Priest in the Himalayas for "Spritiual Mastering". Expect the album in 2020...
I might've deserved that neg @Ziggiy :heh: but I ain't say he ghostwrote the best track on the ****** album; I said he "produced" it :shaq2: