Can Ben S. be the starting P.G on a championship team? Doc: I don’t know. Embiid takes shots at Ben

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if Klutch and Rob work together and try to trade for Ben to let him learn under Bron for a few years...:jbhmm:
What if his non shooting is a ploy to get him with Bron?

Klutch would do something like this

watch him start shooting once he gets to the Lakers

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Neither Doc nor Ben is demonstrating that theyre professionals at this point . But as the coach Doc SHOULD accept more of the accountability .

This is Doc first year and had a weak roster. I give him until.nezt year or 2. Who would of thought Simmons would collapse like this and players who had high expectations like Shake doesn't step up

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
This is Doc first year and had a weak roster. I give him until.nezt year or 2. Who would of thought Simmons would collapse like this and players who had high expectations like Shake doesn't step up

I’d say 2 tops … would really have to define growth metrics from that first year to see if he meets them because if not , especially given his track record, there’d be serious consideration about moving on.

And @cobra I've been saying that Ben was playing like he WANTED to get traded . Still and odd way to go about it though .

Last edited:

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It's just funny seeing the same fans defendi g him when I would say he should shoot and be aggressive more shyt on him now. Went from "nah bro his court vision and defense is so good he doesn't need to shoot while bringing up his stats. I give him the 3 to 5 year rule like I do all players and it's his third year and still nothing has improved. No jumper, no increase in FT % no aggressive to take a charge to get a foul. Should of never gave him that money. I feel like Negrodamus right I foresaw this happening.

:wow:

Fred

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Neither Doc nor Ben is demonstrating that theyre professionals at this point . But as the coach Doc SHOULD accept more of the accountability .
Let's keep it a buck, no coach is winning with a PG that refuses to not only shoot in crucial moments but refuses to score in general. Sixers would've closed this out in 5 if Ben could even be just an average ft shooter.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why didn't Doc Rivers work on Ben Simmons shot all year then? Rivers does nothing with his players, just gives motivational speeches and that's it. Rivers ruined his reputation the point where he was coaching Celtics in 06 and they were ready to fire him.

If I'm playing for the Sixers I would slap the shyt outta Rivers and then you either get rid of him or trade me. fukk that.
Doc rivers isn't a shooting coach. Blaming doc for Ben's inability and unwillingness to shoot is laughable. He supported dude all year it's on Ben to get better.