can i gain muscle and get a six pack at the same time?

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you gotta keep eating and eating and eating

but to get a six pack you gotta lose weight

is it possible?

@Adam3000 @nalej

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
you gotta keep eating and eating and eating

but to get a six pack you gotta lose weight

is it possible?

@Adam3000 @nalej

lol, I'm actually attempting the same thing. Good thing I got goin for me is a lightning fast metabolism so I know I'll be packed up. But I'm tryna at least gain a few pounds in muscle.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If you visit the Lean Gains website you will find a nutritional routine that will allow for fat loss and muscle gain which involves cycling your calorie intake from day to take and timing your food consumption. It is a proven method that will allow you go gain muscle and lose fat at the same time if you dedicate yourself to it. Personally, I'm not trying to be that involved in myself and I would rather stay small.

If you are following a standard diet for fat loss (i.e. being on a calorie deficit, eating lots of protein, trying to eat 'clean' whenever possible) then the answer to the original question is both yes and no.

The answer is no because when you are on a calorie deficit, muscle gains will be minimal (a few pounds at most) and will take quite a long time. It is a terribly inefficient way to build muscle, and you are going to see results much quicker if you go on bulking/cutting cycles.

The answer is yes because despite only having the potential for minimal muscle gains, you will LOOK bigger by losing your layers of fat because your muscle definition will show. Your measurements may shrink but you would never know it based on looking in the mirror. I can vouch for this personally....I am at a stalemate right now in terms of gaining muscle but each day I look more muscular in the mirror as the fat continues to melt away.

If you are a truly skinny person without much muscle then a bulk/cut cycle is your best bet. Otherwise, I would focus on fat loss more than muscle gain and you may be surprised at your results, even without packing on a bunch of muscle weight.

Honestly, this question is too complex and has too many variables and angles to really explain here. You could literally write a book about it. Without knowing your current body composition and exact goals it is tough to speak on it further.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
No

You gotta put on the muscle, then shed the fat

That Leangains shyt is not the wave. You will be lifting for a year and only put 5lb on your bench. Lookin the same as you did when you started

You do one legit hulk bulk for like 3-4 years, shred down, then "lean gain"

A couple summers w/o a 6 pack wont kill u bruh. Esp if u never had one to begin with :birdman:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
4 year bulk? LOOOL.

IMO if you want a 6-pack... bulk until the end of March. Then go back down.

If you're like me... you hate feeling flabby. I've been bulking for 10 months.. made some very good gains. I want to go down to 10-11pc bodyfat from 16pc in two months Oct-Nov. I'll see if I can get down in that period. Will bulk back up for a few months...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Being flabby is part of the game and is only temporary

Id rather be flabby for a year or two but come out strong as fukk, than spend years not really lean and not really strong cause I keep bulking and cutting. If u just want a 6 pack and dont care about size, then just cut and be skinny. But if u want size, the fastest way to get it is to just do a sustained bulk, and then do 1 big cut. Then coast

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Being flabby is part of the game and is only temporary

Id rather be flabby for a year or two but come out strong as fukk, than spend years not really lean and not really strong cause I keep bulking and cutting. If u just want a 6 pack and dont care about size, then just cut and be skinny. But if u want size, the fastest way to get it is to just do a sustained bulk, and then do 1 big cut. Then coast
thats what i'm trying to do. year bulk then cut... but foreal fukk all this food

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Disagree. You can make good strength gains and lose fat/weight. I don't ever want my body to have a prolonged state (12 months plus) carrying more weight than i'd like.

I'd say bulk for as long as you like. Me? 10 months and and i'm cool. 16% bf and I want to go back down. I don't ever plan on being particularly big though.

Bulk and cut gradually though.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This.

If you want those fakkit fitness mag abs then yeah you gotta eat salad every day:scusthov:

But me i go after them boxer abs:myman:. That can be done with resistance ab work

The fukk is the difference "fitness mag abs and "boxer abs? Fitness mag = less body fat/more definition?

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Bulk for 4 years? This is literally the first time Ive ever read that. You can lose weight and gain muscle. I know this because I'm doing it. Maybe it only works when you're in the beginner stages like I am, but even in an advanced state Ive never ever read that bulking is necessary to gain muscle and strength - let alone doing it for almost half a fukking decade.