can i gain muscle and get a six pack at the same time?

Daps
The fukk is the difference "fitness mag abs and "boxer abs? Fitness mag = less body fat/more definition?

Fitness mag abs are those flat no dimension abs you see on the cover of fitness mags ala
aaron-diaz-mexican-singer.jpg

tumblr_lu6yxrETSk1qijnffo1_500.jpg

Boxer abs, well, look up boxers. It's those bigger, wider abs that got mass to em indicative of a strong core.

Ala
Boxer-abs-300x192.jpg

511291158.jpg

Abs are a muscle, train them like a muscle and they build like a muscle.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Fitness mag abs are those flat no dimension abs you see on the cover of fitness mags ala
aaron-diaz-mexican-singer.jpg

tumblr_lu6yxrETSk1qijnffo1_500.jpg

Boxer abs, well, look up boxers. It's those bigger, wider abs that got mass to em indicative of a strong core.

Ala
Boxer-abs-300x192.jpg

511291158.jpg

Abs are a muscle, train them like a muscle and they build like a muscle.

Oh aight. I was always aiming for the boxer abs then. Just never realized it. I want mine to be rigid with size, not that soft fashion model shyt.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Bulk for 4 years? This is literally the first time Ive ever read that. You can lose weight and gain muscle. I know this because I'm doing it. Maybe it only works when you're in the beginner stages like I am, but even in an advanced state Ive never ever read that bulking is necessary to gain muscle and strength - let alone doing it for almost half a fukking decade.

Maybe not a "bulk", but you need to eat at a caloric surplus to gain.

Daps
Oh aight. I was always aiming for the boxer abs then. Just never realized it. I want mine to be rigid with size, not that soft fashion model shyt.

Working for boxer abs, they get bigger and more mass, therefore will show through far easier. Making it not only look better, but makes attaining that six pack easier without having to eat like a rabbit

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Boxers don't carry any excess fat though... most boxers don't become fat fukks ever during their careers (no Hatton)

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to get boxer abs then would weighted ab work out do this ..... for instance 25 lb plate doing declines?

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Y'all can't be serious. Boxers have crazy abs because their core strength is crazy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As Art Barr said, theyre is a lot of variables here...not just with your own physique but eating, lifting routine and supplementation

Hit your macros first and foremost and the rest will come

Daps
to get boxer abs then would weighted ab work out do this ..... for instance 25 lb plate doing declines?

Boxers don't carry any excess fat though... most boxers don't become fat fukks ever during their careers (no Hatton)

Y'all can't be serious. Boxers have crazy abs because their core strength is crazy.

Yes boxers do have a decently low BF, but that's not my point.

Build core strength whether it be by heavy compounds, weighted ab work (@MrTV4), or body weight variations on abdominal work --trust me you will see abs.

I'm 5'8 175 before I did ab work I had a smooth midsection, no definition whatsoever. You could even call it a gut:ehh:

I started doing weighted ab work, and body weight abdominal work and today my abs unflexed are ala
kirk11.jpg

(Abs not size:whoa:)

And I haven't done any cardio in that span, (and I eat Chinese food almost every day:heh:). My abs got bigger, midsection tighter, and they show through.

Adding cardio/diet can only help shrink wrap them.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
keep cutting and when the abs start to show, bulk like a motherfukker

eat to grow breh

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
It can be done...but the task is rather tedious.. firstly I don't know your stature (spit some body stats?) so I can't say this with FULL conviction but you'd be better off going on CUT (if you hugely over weight) getting to a reasonable body fat level (11-15%) & jumping onto a full body routine from there to build up some solid functional strength...by default strength training will yield some good gains (especially if you are a noob). Fact of the matter is muscle building requires excess calories i.e eating a surplus diet & this usually tends to result in both muscle and fat being put on simultaneously... the tricky part is to maximise muscle gains and keep fat gains at a minimal...I suggest you switch up your diet and adhere to a body recomposition protocol later on down the line after a few cycles of bulking & cutting that is.

I don't know if you have heard of Lyle Mcdonald?... a very renowned professor & a quite a credible fitness expert. His website is a goldmine &is full proof against utter broscience backed bullshiiittt that you see being spewed on here by some of these ill informed lifters who think they are Gym Miyagis.........I suggest you read up on the two articles below that cover key fundamentals to get you going;

Eating For Muscle Gain (General Philosophies)

Training For Muscle Gain (Its a 3 part article.. take your time with each part)

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Anybody who thinks they can just eat anything they want in the name of getting big....will never have a six pack

Eat quality foods do strength training with mid rep ranges and good amount of rest between sets figure out your macros for target weight and occasionally do hiit cardio and do ab supersets with a variety of movements with planks and leg lifts at least 2-3 times a week for sculpting purposes

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
I'd disagree with @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy!

If you are untrained it's best to get down to 10-12pc bodyfat while weightlifting - you will still make muscle gains.

If you can get to 11%bf when you bulk to say 15% you'll still have a decent ab-section. Then you can go back down to 11%.