Can we all admit that Microsoft recovered

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
....and? If the xbox division was a separate company not attached to the Microsoft behemoth they would have been out of business a long time ago.

They're poorly run and can incur billions in losses because it's just a drop in the bucket to Microsoft as a whole.

The gaming division is inept.
Is Microsoft is inept then what is that bullshyt they doing at Nintendo?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I wrote up a thread about this over the weekend, but decided not to post it.

The XBOX brand is definitely recovering, but I think people really need to understand what is going on with the xbox brand. It is essentially becoming steam with a much better implementation of what Valve failed to do.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Not even close.

They're still clueless as ever.

Announced the S version of the console then announcing Scorpio at the same conference making the s completely useless and garaunteeing a section of potential customers are just going to wait.

Still barely any first party studios and the ones they do have are just churning out the same damn games that are selling less and less.

Still with their draconian rules for indie games that is pissing those studios off and made Microsoft an afterthought with indies.

Releasing all their games on PC thereby making xbox pointless to own.

Forcing the win 10 store on pc gamers when it's garbage

I don't consider that clueless at all they are expanding their audience.... they want profit. Creating two systems is not dumb when one is entirely a new device and the support for the older one will not go away. They now have two markets for their games PC and Console I don't see anything wrong with that from a financial standpoint.

First party titles are lacking compared to Sony Studios but at the end of the day their titles sell 1 to 2 Sony exclusives.

Halo equals Rachet Until Dawn and another Bullshyt title. Gaming is not all about first person titles as it was a decade ago. The biggest games are muti-plat.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I don't consider that clueless at all they are expanding their audience.... they want profit. Creating two systems is not dumb when one is entirely a new device and the support for the older one will not go away. They now have two markets for their games PC and Console I don't see anything wrong with that from a financial standpoint.

First party titles are lacking compared to Sony Studios but at the end of the day their titles sell 1 to 2 Sony exclusives.

Halo equals Rachet Until Dawn and another Bullshyt title. Gaming is not all about first person titles as it was a decade ago. The biggest games are muti-plat.
More like halo equals just uncharted 4.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
The new powerful system next year Every cycle produces more powerful systems
The new power system in August Slim variations happen every cycle
Backward Compatibility success Props
EA access with Need for Speed and Unravel free today plus Madden early. Props to EA, Microsoft has what to do with this?
Xbox one games on the PC= Forza in 4k is amazing and Quantum Break on PC Props
Xbox Live updates XBL is light years ahead of PSN so props
First 4K console OK?
Halo popping right now OK?

:yeshrug:

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
When I read the thread title, I wasn't even thinking about their gaming division.

In regards to gaming, MS needs more developers in their pocket. And I wish Gears 4 had 4 player co-op, but I'll be getting it day 1 anyway... for PC.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im holding out until the Scorpio drops before i purchase. That being said x1 does look a whole lot better, i was a m$ fanatic last two gens and im about to be back next year. They got games im really feeling and the games with gold is miles ahead of ps plus. Sony does things that seem like they could give two fukks about the customers because their making so much money and that really is bullshyt

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
M$ should do what they did with the first xbox and bring those pc exclusive games to the consoles

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Recovered?
They have, the XBOX brand was heading in a downward spiral before Spencer took over.

I think people really put too much of the heat on Mattrick TBH, it was bigger than him.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
So how do you explain there sales dropping every year since Spencer took over and this looking to be their worse year yet .

They have done a good job of satisfying their fans and getting them ammo for their online console war though.:yeshrug:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
So how do you explain there sales dropping every year since Spencer took over and this looking to be their worse year yet .

They have done a good job of satisfying their fans and getting them ammo for their online console war though.:yeshrug:
It would be much worse if they kept on the track they were on. Seriously, I think you guys are forgetting how bad of a position they were in 2014.

There was NO positivity around the brand before Spencer took over. More expensive, forced Kinect buy-in, no real direction, focused more on features rather than talking about the games (despite having the better launch lineup ironically). The shyt was a disaster that in fact it is almost incredible they were able to turn it around so quickly (less than 3 years)

Take a look at this interview from Spencer this year:

Now go back to 2013...

Chef

All Star
Daps
They're doing great moves to fix the image but I do missed the fukkery of the pre-launch. :lolbron:
the-legacy-of-don-mattrick-the-quotes-that-mattered-1099601.jpg

I still don't think Microsoft is capable of delivering on the PC with their record so far. :scust: