Can we all agree Romo is among the best commentators the speak in a mic..

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Well, people are in here like:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: holy shyt he can see plays before they happen,he should be a coach:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:.

You could stick any former quarterback that's spent a good amount of time in the league in the announcer booth and they'd probably sound like Nostradamus too.
So why doesn't Troy Aikman do what Romo does then?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
How do u talk too much when talking is your job? I dont get it

You don't need to fill 3 hours of time with your voice. There has to be a balance. If you spend 3 hours excited as hell and talking it takes away from the call when something dramatic actually happens. He has to learn how to set things up and let them happen, give the game room to breathe.

One of the best is Hubie Brown, he sets the table, let's something happen, then gives you a call. John Madden gives you a recap then a quick zinger if need be, then he gets out the way so Summerall can do his thing. Romo talks about the previous play, talks during the huddle, talks about what he thinks is going to happen when they line up, talks during the play, repeat for 3 hours.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He needs a coordinator job

Edit: I hate to say it , but he’d probably wet the bed when the headsets go on. It’s a different ballgame from being in the booth .
Finally someone says it. One of the worst quarterbacks under pressure of all time and all of a sudden we’re supposed think he’s going to be a good head coach because he’s able to find tendencies in one of the most predictable offenses in the game. :camby:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally someone says it. One of the worst quarterbacks under pressure of all time and all of a sudden we’re supposed think he’s going to be a good head coach because he’s able to find tendencies in one of the most predictable offenses in the game. :camby:
Romo numbers against the blitz were good and even better outside the pocket....you don’t know what you talking about

Last edited:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Even the little descriptions he makes are great. Brady threw that little swing route to the FB for the first down. Describing why the accuracy was important by saying "Thats the difference between the receiver stumbling for a 4 yrd gain versus a 1st down" as opposed to just saying "That was a beautiful throw by brady, oh my"

Last edited: