Can we all agree Romo is among the best commentators the speak in a mic..

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
So why doesn't Troy Aikman do what Romo does then?
Dude has been out the league for 18 years and probably isn't watching game film in his free time.

I'll give Romo credit that he has shown that the fan would accept a bit more technical insight on the play by play and don't just want the same reactionary, background noise.

But I'm not gonna call him some sort of football genius deserving of a coaching because he can recognize things from the booth.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He needs a coordinator job

Edit: I hate to say it , but he’d probably wet the bed when the headsets go on. It’s a different ballgame from being in the booth .

Wish him the best tho.
He was the offensive coordinator in Dallas his last 5 years. He put together the offensive gameplan for the week. Jerry when he gave him last contract said he wanted him to be like Payton Manning and that’s what Romo did.

Go listen to Brice Butler when he left Dallas last year. He spoke up on the offense and game planning. Here’s some quotes
At another point in Butler’s day-long media-fest, he talked about how much input Tony Romo had into the offense, and how he basically ran things on that side of the ball, going as far as to say Romo was the coach on offense.

Butler: Tony Romo was the guy that installed the plays during the meetings during the week. He talked about all that stuff. When I first got there, I had never seen nothing like that. When I left Oakland, Derek Carr was a second-year quarterback. He was a kid. And my rookie year was Terrelle Pryor, so you know he wasn’t calling the plays. So when I first got to Dallas, when I saw all the input that Tony was telling us, I was like, ‘Dang, this is crazy. The coach ain’t really really coaching.’

JLova

Veteran
Daps
The guy calls the plays it's crazy. He can transition into coaching IMO.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
his football iq is unarguably great. dude was saying same shyt mcdaniels was saying on that pats drive.

thats not necessarily an amazing trait for a commentator tho, and a lot of time it gets in the way...just like his excitement on every play sometimes is too much.