Can we just admit the south killed hiphop? and stop being so PC?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They totally killed our genre. Its so watered down that the entry skill level is non existent. Now little Asian girls are making more money than poor black kids from the hood.

Y'all simplified production. Sampling took musical knowledge and skill. Chopping, placing, sampling drums. Chopping loops kicks, creating new shyt.

As we know rhyming takes skill and intelligence. U have to actually write a 16 that rhyme, have metaphors , on beat, flow and actually touch the listener soul.

In order to get a record deal back in the day u had to all of that plus avoid the nikkas trying to extort you and find a way to get inside a A and R personal space

The south killed our genre. NYC cats was spitting that real shyt. Hard shyt. Southern nikkas kill it and soul it for cheap. Y'all nikkas sold your people out because really you sold black culture and for that I'll never ever forgive y'all. I grow up on this shyt. I cried to this shyt, its the story of my childhood. I really love hiphop

I remember the first time I heard N.S.O.M. I was like whos that !!!!!! :dame: or the times pac made me cry in my room alone. Hiphop used to mean something

Last edited:

Why

Superstar
Daps
i disagree

up top had hip hop before we did.yall gave it away if anything.we didnt just take it.:aicmon:

plus the best artists OAT up there beef wit each other.that aint help nothing either

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP is off...DJ Drama already admitted so on TBH. And he said it on a mainstream platform thats bigger then this messageboard so op is off because DJ Drama wasn't PC on a mainstream platform. The topic is old and stale so when DJ Drama said it no one really cared.