Can we name the non-emasculated Black men on a tv show?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I've been watching through the CW show "Hart of Dixie" this summer and I gotta add Cress Williams' character Lavon Hayes to this list.

He defys almost all negative black male stereotypes on this show. He's the object of affection (not just lust) of several female characters on the show. He is masculine without being a thuggish caricature. He's an ex-pro athlete who managed to not go broke after retiring.
The producers/writers also had the balls to cuck the main white male character by making his fiancee have an affair with Lavon & making her 1 of the female characters I mentioned that looks at Lavon as an object of affection through the entire series.

:ohhh:
the whole time I thought that was Gilmore Girls for hicks

:heh: It is. It's basically soutnern version of "Gilmore Girls".

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The producers/writers also had the balls to cuck the main white male character by making his fiancee have an affair with Lavon & making her 1 of the female characters I mentioned that looks at Lavon as an object of affection through the entire series.
yeah its a cac
:yeshrug: I couldn't think of a better verb to use while I was typing this shyt up on my phone. If u gotta better non-cac favorite verb to use in that sentence, I'll edit it.

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: I couldn't think of a better verb to use while I was typing this shyt up on my phone. If u gotta better non-cac favorite verb to use in that sentence, I'll edit it.

lol nah you good. I was just making a joke

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
How about emasculated, like the thread title suggested. :manny: