Can we stop letting cacs use hiphop for career boost

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hip Hop and black culture in general is so influential it's almost impossible for kids of any age not to be influenced. Hip Hop has become pop music. Artists of all colors and genre's tend to move around and blur lines and try different shyt.

That said fukk all them vultures, Timberlake included :unimpressed:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Beastie Boys origins isn’t hip hop though from Google

“Founded in New York City in 1981 by a group of arty middle-class Jewish kids responding to Manhattan's eclectic downtown music scene, the Beastie Boys evolved by 1983 from a hard-core punk quartet (including original guitarist John Berry and drummer Kate Schellenbach) into a trio—MCA, Mike D, and Adrock”

They was on some Punk Rock always was. They just slowed it down to try to seem hip hop to ride that wave cuz they had the Def Jam co-sign.
They kinda kept that punk rock element though. I mean fight for your right don’t sound like hiphop at all to me. I have no problem with them btw.

With Post, this one is on y’all. His intentions seemed evident from the beginning.. he could easily switch up from rap to some other shyt. He did it fast AF though :russ:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
hy0xx4smuat71.gif

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
called it from day one every Post thread. he was a failed country artist who started doing rap in a mocking fashion. an actual plant for the people who spend time looking for them... let's not forget his early comments on the culture and how when he wants to listen to "real shyt" he don't listen to rap. rode the wave to get to where he wanted to be

my cac vulture radar is undefeated.

gotta watch those cacs with the mocking undertones and energy.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
called it from day one every Post thread. he was a failed country artist who started doing rap in a mocking fashion. an actual plant for the people who spend time looking for them... let's not forget his early comments on the culture and how when he wants to listen to "real shyt" he don't listen to rap. rode the wave to get to where he wanted to be

my cac vulture radar is undefeated.

gotta watch those cacs with the mocking undertones and energy.

I know I read somewhere he got a music executive aunt/uncle

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
Exactly

People go to a rap concert where it's a sea of CACs yelling nikker cause its part of the lyrics, streaming that shyt and buying merch

The only modern black artist that is arguably as successful as they are primarily because of black people is Beyonce
They a chick I follow on Instagram who works at a club that has a lot of the young popular artist there.
I see more young CACS than anything out there...
As much as we hate the fukkery they the ones putting the most money into it.
nikkas just sold out the culture.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Real shyt Miley's hip hop phase was a real turning point for me

I remember back in college a girl who'd given me the screw face when Blurred Lines came on b/c it's "r*pe culture" was bumping Miley's video and I felt like Dave Chappelle when he told the story of the white intern laughing at the sketch in a way that felt innately :mjpls:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Metal and country are gate kept like a motherfukker

They tried to get Lil Nah X out the paint but Billy Ray defended him

Metal isn't that gatekept lots of bands with black people who are crazily talented.

The thing with metal unlike other genres of music is you can't fake it. If you can't play an instrument you will obviously get shown the door.

Hip hop allows these artists to use the surface the imagery and the fake rebelliouness of hip hop cache before switching gears. Each and everytime.

It's so obvious, but it works everytime.

The other main issue is a lot of black artists are not allowed to evolve outside of strict genres.

It's why white artists can happily jump from genre to genre and nobody cares.