Can we stop letting cacs use hiphop for career boost

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Metal isn't that gatekept lots of bands with black people who are crazily talented.

The thing with metal unlike other genres of music is you can't fake it. If you can't play an instrument you will obviously get shown the door.

Hip hop allows these artists to use the surface the imagery and the fake rebelliouness of hip hop cache before switching gears. Each and everytime.

It's so obvious, but it works everytime.

The other main issue is a lot of black artists are not allowed to evolve outside of strict genres.

It's why white artists can happily jump from genre to genre and nobody cares.

When I say gatekept I'm not necessarily talking about race, I'm talking more about authenticity and talent. You can't fake the funk over there because they'll sniff you out quickly.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
White Iverson is a classic though. I literally don’t know another Post Malone song…most nikkas I know don’t…but that was a legitimate hit we fukked with

I don’t know what he been on since that

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paul Wall hasnt switched up and never said the n word to disrespect our women either

They kinda kept that punk rock element though. I mean fight for your right don’t sound like hiphop at all to me. I have no problem with them btw.

With Post, this one is on y’all. His intentions seemed evident from the beginning.. he could easily switch up from rap to some other shyt. He did it fast AF though :russ:
Culture vultures….again they needed black cosign.

Ryda52

All Star
Daps
Add that fat fakkit Jelly Roll to that list too. He used to roll with Three 6 Mafia n nem. I was shocked when they called this nikka a new artist.

Ryda52

All Star
Daps
That's the Spiderman song

Swae Lee carried
That song wouldn’t be shyt without Swae Lee, he wrote that. Just like this song right here.

Celebration, which was Post’s biggest hit for a while, wouldn’t be shyt either if not for Quavo and Metro Boomin.

People who say black artists have nothing to do with these white acts becoming more popular than they should be don’t know what the hell they’re talking about.

Here’s two examples of where white rappers would be if not for a black co-sign:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
1*F1PyNzN3hy5Gh_Bp3c0c3Q.png
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2015%2F07%2Fpost-malone-white-iverson-music-video-000.jpg

17090510165644993.gif