Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Judge scorecard fukkery

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
this article on bad left hook kinda summed things up about this fight
Did you really just post an article with the quote "if you want art, go to a museum"?.....you really hate canelo that much that you're willing to side with people who don't even appreciate the art of boxing?:gucci:......the fight on Saturday wasn't the most exciting but that's just how it goes sometimes. As a pure boxing fan, there was still a lot to appreciate in there. And canelo has given us many exciting fights over the years. If this was a habit for canelo fights I could understand. But it's not. More often than not canelo brings great boxing and great entertainment. That's why he's the biggest star in the sport.

That article is nothing but anti-boxing propaganda from an obviously racist cac. shytting on Danny for not showing enough courage and LETTING himself get knocked out. Then he goes on to reminisce on the "good ol days" when we had guys like Jake Lomatta and Arturo Gatti.......they're not even trying to hide their racism here :gucci:......I actually ignored this article when you posted it cause I figured it would be some anti-canelo slander, but it actually turned out to be much worse. That whole article was a joke. It's blatant as hell what their agenda is here. And this is goes for most boxing media out there. The fight game has been overtaken by black and brown fighters and it's eating them up inside. So now they gotta spread bullshyt about how the sport doesn't have any "heart" anymore. But yea , it had a lot of heart when Jake Lomotta was still in it right?:mjpls:

I still can't believe this clown shouted out bum ass Arturo Gatti though. Coulda shouted out Mike Tyson. Ali. Duran. Hagler. Hearns. Chavez.

But nope. Arturo fukkin gatti. These cacs are something else man:hhh:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Did you really just post an article that had a tweet saying "if you want art, go to a museum"?.....you really hate canelo that much that you're willing to side with people who don't even appreciate the ART of boxing?:gucci:......the fight on Saturday wasn't the most exciting but that's just how it goes sometimes. As a pure boxing fan, there was still a lot to appreciate in there. And canelo has given us many exciting fights over the years. If this was a habit for canelo fights I could understand. But it's not. More often than not canelo brings great boxing and great entertainment. That's why he's the biggest star in the sport.

That article is nothing but anti-boxing propaganda from an obviously racist cac. shytting on Danny for not letting himself get knocked out and showing enough courage. Then this lame goes on to reminisce on the "good ol days" when we had guys like Jake Lomatta and Arturo Gatti.......they're not even trying to hide their racism here :gucci:......I actually ignored this article when you posted it cause I figured it would just be some anti-canelo slander, but holy shyt. That whole article was a joke.

Still can't believe this clown shouted out bum ass Arturo Gatti. These cacs are something else man :hhh:

• first of all..fukk canelo's PED taking ass and still cant go 6 rounds without gassing.
  • this fight was dull couldn't get a knockdown or wobble on a compromised danny..same shyt with chavez jr and cotto...all that defensive shyt he was doing to be cute is prolly the reason why he gassed and couldnt put into 2nd gear. that does not impress me nor do i think its any impressive art of boxing
  • i watched the king sor/estrada and the wbss semifinals cards that aired a weekend before this and it was some of the best boxing ive seen all year..including this shyt. go watch tj doheny vs daniel roman putting it all on the line and going to war for a 2 belt unification at 122 and then talk to me again about the high skill level that canelo vs jacobs had
  • danny deserves criticism for this fight from whoever..blowing off another weigh in to get an advantage to his performance fighting sluggishly and not using his size without any game plan
  • canelo does not entertain a nikka like me.....i can name exciting fights until im blue in the face before i mention a canelo fight if at all:heh:
  • none of the big fights delivered this year..had me longing for the fights of yesteryear like the author...shyt i posted about the GOAT cinco De Mayo fight and overall GOAT fight in Diego Corrales vs Jose Luis Castillo..had to watch after that disappointment.
  • i agree with sentiments of the article because it reflects how i feel as a fan but others that have also like that post. particularly business getting in the way of the sport more often
  • you have to realize some ppl came up in different boxing generations and cant fukk with this shyt. today. .arturo gatti was a draw because his fights were what they were. thats what ppl remember. ppl remember fighters who gave them great fights.
  • you thought this fight was something..cool..guaranteed its not going to make any best fights of the year list anywhere
  • all of this you posted will be negated by little g this and little g that posts when when we see the one of the most skillful and entertaining boxers of all time have a comeback fight next month so im not hearing this bruh :russ:
  • lastly...fukk canelo :heh:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
  • first of all..fukk canelo's PED taking ass and still cant go 6 rounds without gassing.
  • this fight was dull couldn't get a knockdown or wobble on a compromised danny..same shyt with chavez jr and cotto...all that defensive shyt he was doing to be cute is prolly the reason why he gassed and couldnt put into 2nd gear. that does not impress me nor do i think its any impressive art of boxing
  • i watched the king sor/estrada and the wbss semifinals cards that aired a weekend before this and it was some of the best boxing ive seen all year..including this shyt. go watch tj doheny vs daniel roman putting it all on the line and going to war for a 2 belt unification at 122 and then talk to me again about the high skill level that canelo vs jacobs had
  • danny deserves criticism for this fight from whoever..blowing off another weigh in to get an advantage to his performance fighting sluggishly and not using his size without any game plan
  • canelo does not entertain a nikka like me.....i can name exciting fights until im blue in the face before i mention a canelo fight if at all:heh:
  • none of the big fights delivered this year..had me longing for the fights of yesteryear like the author...shyt i posted about the GOAT cinco De Mayo fight and overall GOAT fight in Diego Corrales vs Jose Luis Castillo..had to watch after that disappointment.
  • i agree with sentiments of the article because it reflects how i feel as a fan but others that have also like that post. particularly business getting in the way of the sport more often
  • you have to realize some ppl came up in different boxing generations and cant fukk with this shyt. today. .arturo gatti was a draw because his fights were what they were. thats what ppl remember. ppl remember fighters who gave them great fights.
  • you thought this fight was something..cool..guaranteed its not going to make any best fights of the year list anywhere
  • all of this you posted will be negated by little g this and little g that posts when when we see the one of the most skillful and entertaining boxers of all time have a comeback fight next month so im not hearing this bruh :russ:
I could care less about all the shyt talking on the fight. I'll be the first person to admit the fight didn't live up to my expectations. But that whole article was nothing but racist propaganda. There's no other way around it.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Powerful posting right here breh.

:mjlol: at anybody praising this weak ass fight.

The fukking PBC countdown on Hurd vs Jrock was more entertaining than watching Canelo gas against some drained light heavyweight that can't move forward and punch at the same time.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I could care less about all the shyt talking on the fight. I'll be the first person to admit the fight didn't live up to my expectations. But that whole article was nothing but racist propaganda. There's no other way around it.
The writer mentions Gatti...Arturo Gatti is known for his multiple fan friendly wars. It wasnt like he mentioned Paulie Malignaggi. What you think of his skill set is another thing (although he could fight) but the point is Gatti was all action all day and it reflected in the ring. You're looking for racist propaganda that isnt there in this article for THIS fight. Nah bruh

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
The writer mentions Gatti...Arturo Gatti is known for his multiple fan friendly wars. It wasnt like he mentioned Paulie Malignaggi. What you think of his skill set is another (although he could fight) but the point is Gatti was all action all day and it reflected in the ring. You're looking for racist propaganda that isnt there in this article for THIS fight. Nah bruh
Im not "looking" for anything. His agenda is very clear. And I know why he mentioned gatti. What he fails to mention is that gatti had more heart than skills. He had no choice but to fight the way he did. That's why floyd gave him one of the worst beatings in boxing history. Dude was a bum. I'll take Errol Spence-Kell brook or Wilder-Ortiz any day over watching Arturo gatti get his face bashed in. Arturo Gatti was nothing more than a novelty act.

And the article wasn't just about THIS fight, he only used this fight to push his agenda. This was a hit piece on the sport, flat out. I was already suspicious of his motives after titling one of his paragraphs "the haymon era". But after talking about the "good ol days" of Jake lomotta, my suspicions were confirmed. Dude exposed himself with that bullshyt. All he did was bytch and moan about today's fighters not having any heart. shyt is corny. Canelo, Spence, Wilder, Hurd, Crawford, lomachenko, Porter, the Charlo's etc. Anybody who tries to say these guys don't fight with heart is a clown. EVERY fight isn't going to be great. That's just not how it goes. He picked out a few fights that weren't "exciting" and completely ignored all the great fights we had over the past couple years. shyt is weak. Boxing is in a great place right now.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Im not "looking" for anything. His agenda is very clear. And I know why he mentioned gatti. What he fails to mention is that gatti had more heart than skills. He had no choice but to fight the way he did. That's why floyd gave him one of the worst beatings in boxing history. Dude was a bum. I'll take Errol Spence-Kell brook or Wilder-Ortiz any day over watching Arturo gatti get his face bashed in. Arturo Gatti was nothing more than a novelty act.

And the article wasn't just about THIS fight, he only used this fight to push his agenda. This was a hit piece on the sport, flat out. I was already suspicious of his motives after titling one of his paragraphs "the haymon era". But after talking about the "good ol days" of Jake lomotta, my suspicions were confirmed. Dude exposed himself with that bullshyt. All he did was bytch and moan about today's fighters not having any heart. shyt is corny. Canelo, Spence, Wilder, Hurd, Crawford, lomachenko, Porter, the Charlo's etc. Anybody who tries to say these guys don't fight with heart is a clown. EVERY fight isn't going to be great. That's just not how it goes. He picked out a few fights that weren't "exciting" and completely ignored all the great fights we had over the past couple years. shyt is weak. Boxing is in a great place right now.

and id rather watch ward vs gatti 1 over and over then wilder's one trick pony act and struggle or the dud from this past weekend.....all the fighters you just mentioned with the exception of the charlos and wilder have had been part of the following in 2019: mismatches, unnecessary showcases, and failed marquee fights..and with the charlos and wilder, 2 out of the 3 will fit the criteria in their first fights of 2019 on paper....that is boxing in 2019 wrapped up in a nutshell...boxing is in a good place..for boxers as they have outlets now to really get paid due to competition...for the fans...75-80 dollar ppvs and paying for streaming services on top of the mismatches, unnecessary showcases, and failed marquee fights...if boxing is in a good place, your opinion wouldn't be in the minority bruh..if youre happy with it now..great :manny:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Canelo Alvarez is an Excellent Fighter... But Not The Best

By Michael Rosenthal

Canelo Alvarez is one of the best fighters in the world. No one would dispute that.

The Mexican redhead built himself into a star even though he had a limited amateur career and was guided by unproven trainers. He has been willing to take on dangerous opponents and has had hand raised in victory more often than not. And, to the detriment of other top middleweights, he seems to be getting better at 28 years old.

All of that is why Alvarez (52-1-2, 35 knockouts) is on every credible pound-for-pound list and deserves to be.

But No. 1? Uh, no.

Some boxing people I respect have begun to suggest that Alvarez is the best active fighter, particularly after his close, but unanimous-decision victory over formidable Daniel Jacobs last Saturday night in Las Vegas.

They’ll point to his body of work, including dominating victories over second-tier opponents and a winning record against elite foes.

For the purposes of this column, let’s say he has faced seven opponents who were given some chance to beat him – Austin Trout, Floyd Mayweather, Erislandy Lara, Miguel Cotto, Gennady Golovkin (twice) and Jacobs.

Alvarez is 5-1-1 in those fights, an impressive run that has allowed him to climb up the pound-for-pound ladder over the past several years and one reason some believe he has leapfrogged Vasyl Lomachenko and Terence Crawford.
But let’s take a closer look at those fights:

• Trout, UD: I thought the fight was much closer than at least one of the scorecards (118-109) indicated but it was a clear victory.

• Mayweather, UD loss: I scored the bout 120-108 – a shutout – for Mayweather. Enough said.

• Lara, SD: Kudos to Alvarez for facing the master technician from Cuba and he performed well but many believe Lara deserved the victory or at least a draw.

• Cotto, UD: The Puerto Rican star was on a nice little run but his victory over a gimpy Sergio Martinez to win the WBC middleweight title was misleading. Cotto was in decline.

• Golovkin, SD draw and MD: The first fight was competitive but the vast majority of observers thought Triple-G won. The second fight, a victory for Alvarez, also was controversial.

• Jacobs, UD: Alvarez turned in a good performance against a bigger man in a mildly entertaining fight. The scorecards reflected what happened in the ring.

Of course, Alvarez deserves credit for winning five of the seven aforementioned fights and performing well in the draw. The primary object of boxing is to win, after all.

At the same time, we can’t ignore the fact that he was fortunate that the judges handed him a record of 2-0-1 against Lara and Golovkin. Some knowledgeable observers would suggest Alvarez should be 0-3 in those fights, which obviously would’ve changed the way he’s perceived.

And in none of those fights did Alvarez dazzle anyone. He does just enough to win (or draw) in his biggest fights, which leaves him without that “wow” factor or a true defining fight to separate him from others contending for the top spot on the pound-for-pound list.

Consider two past pound-for-pound kings. Mayweather dominated almost everyone he faced, which made the best fighter of his era. Manny Pacquiao knocked out in succession Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto. Alvarez can’t match that level of dominance.

And let’s compare Alvarez to today’s top two fighters, Lomachenko and Crawford.

The original purpose of pound-for-pound was to compare fighters without regard to weight. And I’ve always seen the pound-for-pound formula as a balance between important victories and the eye test, meaning winning or eye-catching performances alone aren’t necessarily enough to land at No. 1.

The opponents of Lomachenko (13-1, 10 KOs) don’t rival Alvarez’s victims – it’s hard to top the challenges presented by Lara, Triple-G and Jacobs – but “Hi-Tech” has a strong resume, including victories over Gary Russell Jr., Roman Martinez, Nicholas Walters, Guillermo Rigondeaux and Jorge Linares.

And I would argue that Lomachenko has been more impressive than Alvarez in his biggest fights. A clear victory over Russell and knockouts of Martinez, Walters, Rigondeaux and Linares (after some trying moments for Lomachenko) were spectacular, a word few would use to describe Alvarez’s performances in his seven biggest fights.

Indeed, I believe Lomachenko blows Alvarez away in terms of the eye test. Alvarez is an excellent, unusually durable boxer but “Hi-Tech” has a skill set that leaves onlookers in awe.

Crawford (35-0, 26 KOs) also falls short of Alvarez in level of opposition but he, too, has a strong resume. Among his opponents: Ricky Burns, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Ray Beltran, Thomas Dulorme, Viktor Postol and Amir Khan (at a natural weight for Khan).

And, like Lomachenko, the Nebraskan was more impressive – and certainly more dynamic – in these fights than Alvarez has been in his toughest challenges, meaning Crawford has earned a higher grade on the eye tests. There have been a lot of “wows” in the career of Terence Crawford.

This leads me to an obvious question predicated on the purpose of pound-for-pound: Do you seriously believe that Alvarez would beat Lomachenko and Crawford if they were legitimate 160-pounders? Think about that for a while and get back to me.

For the record, this column isn’t meant to demean Alvarez in any way. Again, he’s one of the best at what he does. He should take pride in that.

And one day he might climb to the No. 1 positition. For example, a dominating victory in a third fight with Golovkin might be that “wow” or defining victory that would help build a stronger case that he belongs at the top of the boxing heap.

But that time hasn’t come. Right now, Lomachenko and Crawford are the best fighters in the world.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
We know Roy Jones is great..we know Hagler and Leonard was great..we know Sugar Ray Robinson defines greatness but Canelo? Nope..his scorecard was 115-114...really close and the argument could of showed killer instinct but he didnt.