Canelo vs Liam Smith - Confirmed for September 17th.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
no he didnt lol
and floyd offered pacquaio the fight several times on "his terms"
terms that weren't accepted
what you're referring to is floyd saying his belt wouldn't be used against him and the fight would happen on his terms, belt or no belt.
just wished canelo woulda offered him something after all the tough talk
it was tough talk part 2 yesterday, the difference now is there's a offer on the table (according to them)
so if thats the case, its on GGG

canelo still up 1-0 on the duck
i feel its bout to be 1-1 for some reason:francis:

Yep

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
this is the only gif I was waiting for. this combo left me like :ohhh:......shyt was so fluid:ahh:.....every fight canelo is adding something new. you can't tell me he ain't a student of the game. he prolly seen SOG do it and was like I need that:takedat:

can you put it up in live motion?....shyt was so quick and zesty:ohlawd:

PsN1GkV.gif

PsN1GkV.gif

I need a quality rip of the fight there was a nasty pull counter uppercut that he hit as well that had me like :noah: my only issue w last night is he wasn't as defensively responsible as he was in the Cotto fight.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
PsN1GkV.gif

PsN1GkV.gif

I need a quality rip of the fight there was a nasty pull counter uppercut that he hit as well that had me like :noah: my only issue w last night is he wasn't as defensively responsible as he was in the Cotto fight.
I figured he was gonna open himself up more because he wanted to put on a show for the fans. once he knew smith couldn't hurt him he started getting flat footed and tryin to walk through him. but when he wanted to he still showed glimpses of greatness on the defensive side.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah Canelo looked real. Everything had great snap, speed, and was built on combos and body punching. He needs a real fight though instead of "fukking around".

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't vacate, you're right, I was wrong. He intended to do so though:

Following his dominant unanimous decision victory over Brandon Rios, Manny Pacquiao has now been ranked by the World Boxing Council as the number one contender to Floyd Mayweather's WBC welterweight title. While some might think that the ranking is a positive sign as far as a potential mega-fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao is concerned, promoter Bob Arum seems somewhat pessimistic about the possibility. "I don't know whether that means anything. I have no idea whether we can move forward with Mayweather," Arum recently told Ronnie Nathanielsz of Philboxing.com. "Let's see what he [Mayweather] does as far as vacating titles or whatever. So unless we know what he's going to do there is no sense getting excited."

WBC RANKS PACQUIAO AS #1 CONTENDER; NOW THE MANDATORY CHALLENGER TO MAYWEATHER'S 147 TITLE || FIGHTHYPE.COM

World Boxing News communicated with WBC stand-in chief Maurcio Sulaiman who had this to say on the matter:

"The new ratings have been released with Pacquiao at number one, but the welterweight division is now in a voluntary stage and the topic of the mandatory will not be addressed for a few months by the WBC board of governors."

In other words, the mandatory will not be enforced for Mayweather's upcoming fight on May 3. Not that any of us expected it to be, but at least the WBC is being upfront about it. However, the real question is what happens after they both fight in the spring, assuming each man wins. Will the WBC actually enforce it?

Also, just one thing to keep in mind. If Pacquiao fights and beats Timothy Bradley he would regain the WBO belt which would, in turn, eliminate him from the WBC rankings. So I guess if you have any sort of hope that this WBC ranking will help make the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight a reality, don't pray for him to face Bradley in April. (*Newzz edit* Pacquiao DID fight Bradley, which is why Floyd didn't have to vacate like he threatened)

WBC: Mayweather is in voluntary stage

“Everybody's talking about the title he’s (Pacquiao's) the mandatory. He can have the belt! A belt don't make me. A belt doesn’t define Floyd Mayweather.”

I think Canelo/GGG negotiations are similar to Floyd/Manny’s situation:manny:

Nope...won't let you move the narrative. Fact is Floyd never vacated, so move on. All this talk about what he "intended" to do is pointless.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I figured he was gonna open himself up more because he wanted to put on a show for the fans. once he knew smith couldn't hurt him he started getting flat footed and tryin to walk through him. but when he wanted to he still showed glimpses of greatness on the defensive side.

Yeah you might be right but I still wasn't feeling it he was getting hit with the jab a bit too much for my liking. I get it though if he was defensively like the Cotto fight he prob doesn't get the stoppage and walks away with a UD.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I'm pretty sure he knew Smith couldn't hurt him so he wasn't as careful on the defensive end
I'm not gonna say this cause I also dismiss Golovkin, Provodnikov etc... fan who say their fighter got hit directly just cause their opponent couldn't hurt him or for the crowd or etc... Gotta keep it consistent. Caelo has still a good defense though even if he gets touched sometimes...

there are rare exceptions though. Bradley vs Provodnikov is a fight where I absolutely believe the narrative that Bradley fought the way he fought jut because he was out of his damn mind and wanted to prove a point... after he got a concussion in the second round he outboxed Provo purely from instincts on most of the fight...
That fight is already legendary.... :ohlawd::wow:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm not gonna say this cause I also dismiss Golovkin, Provodnikov etc... fan who say their fighter got hit directly just cause their opponent couldn't hurt him or for the crowd or etc... Gotta keep it consistent. Caelo has still a good defense though even if he gets touched sometimes...

there are rare exceptions though. Bradley vs Provodnikov is a fight where I absolutely believe the narrative that Bradley fought the way he fought jut because he was out of his damn mind and wanted to prove a point... after he got a concussion in the second round he outboxed Provo purely from instincts on most of the fight...
That fight is already legendary.... :ohlawd::wow:

Canelo is pretty defensively responsible most of the time. So as far as Smith the threat level was low & it showed because of how much Canelo opened up early & often in this fight.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The ? for smoke is what happens to Canelo when he gains 6lbs of muscle? How much strength will he gain, and conversely speed will he lose? His footspeed was great last evening

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Just seen the fight...

I had to pause the lank and run that triple jab back...

full

that shyt was water fam :banderas:

The ? for smoke is what happens to Canelo when he gains 6lbs of muscle? How much strength will he gain, and conversely speed will he lose? His footspeed was great last evening

I think he can hide the deficiency in his feet when he moves up. There aren't any nikkas at middle that really move around like that maybe Monroe? hell aside from Lara no jr middles can really expose his footwork, Floyd did it but he isn't wasn't a 154lber :manny:

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
Canelo is pretty defensively responsible most of the time. So as far as Smith the threat level was low & it showed because of how much Canelo opened up early & often in this fight.
Normally i don't like to think a fighter fought less defensive on purpose because that's usually a bad excuse. In Canelo's case, we've seen him look way better defensively against way better fighters than Smith. I think it might've had something to do with the whole ggg situation and him wanting to look dominant offensively in front of mostly your average Mexican fan who probably would've boo'd him had he fought like he did against Cotto. Personally, I would've preferred he did that instead anyway.

That gif of him making Smith miss a whole 5 punch combo is just :wow:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Canelo's stamina forces him to sacrifice offense for defense and vice versa

I don't quite understand why his stamina is like that (possibly his high muscle mass) but I notice that sometimes he just looks to conserve energy and then has bursts of energy. Those bursts, usually, are enough to keep the opponent thinking and cautious.