Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
SJW? So basically a film that ain't d-riding a white male as the lead and savior? :patrice:

From what I've heard, Black Panther is a SJW film :pachaha:, and is the highest grossing /most profitable box office solo superhero ever.:jbhmm:

Not all SJW films are great or profitable, just like not all white male d-riding films are terrible or box office bombs.

But I'm not gon empathize with white dudes crying about a Captain Marvel movie when, in the last 20 years of superhero movies, they've had 6 Spider-man, 3 Batman, 3 Iron Man, 3 Cap, 3 Thor, 2 Hulk, 2 Superman, 2 Punisher, 1 Batman/Superman, and an untold amount of shyt ones like Daredevil, Green Lantern, and Ghost Rider 1 & 2.

Now i'm no proponent of white feminism either, because white women have had more chances as heroic/bad ass movie leads than black n brown women could ever dream of, but it ain't like these "SJW" dubbers wouldn't be on the same shyt if this movie starred Monica Rambeau instead of Carol Danvers..

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I just hope this sets up Kamala somehow.

wbvUwOs.jpg

:banderas:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wasn't talking about box office but quality and interest. shyt movies make money all the time. I have no idea how much this movie is going to make. I leave money to the Film Room's obsessive superhero movie stans to argue about.

:gucci:

Box office and interest go hand-in-hand. Quality is subjective.

If you said this post to begin with I'd have zero problems....but you compared it to "Solo", a movie that wasn't particularly well received critically or financially. The odds of that happening with this movie are virtually nonexistent.

Fred.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:gucci:

Box office and interest go hand-in-hand. Quality is subjective.

If you said this post to begin with I'd have zero problems....but you compared it to "Solo", a movie that wasn't particularly well received critically or financially. The odds of that happening with this movie are virtually nonexistent.

Fred.

MCU fans alone will make this hit 500 mill off GP. Movie has no realistic chance of flopping esp leading into A4.

Now it might not be good because Marvel has had some meh movies, but flop financially? :mjlol:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Of course it's pandering.

But it wouldn't be a concern if critics, feminists, and SJW didn't jump out the window with Wonder Woman.

What I find interesting is the word pandering never gets used when movies are marketed to white boys. Never. And Hollywood "panders" to them a lot.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
What I find interesting is the word pandering never gets used when movies are marketed to white boys. Never. And Hollywood "panders" to them a lot.

It doesn't? We stopped pointing out the obligatory white male savior in movies? :mjlol:

Like I said, if WW's reception wasn't ridiculous nobody would care.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Or whenever you hear "i hate when there's diversity for diversity's sake"
I.e. if there isn't a plausible reason for a character to be a non-white male or woman, they should always just be a white male :skip:

Ironically they don't grasp that this industry started with a "white males for white males sake" mentality that festered for decades, but now in the last 2-3 years with how loud, interconnected, and influential social media is in starting 'fires' that can affect the bottom line, these execs are being forced to fall back and course-correct their shyt.

Tbh, these white guys shouldn't be mad at "SJW" for the current climate shift, they should be mad at their white-trash industry forefathers that made the comic and movie industries such close-minded cac-fests to begin with.

:hubie:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
MCU fans alone will make this hit 500 mill off GP. Movie has no realistic chance of flopping esp leading into A4.

Now it might not be good because Marvel has had some meh movies, but flop financially? :mjlol:

It's honestly mind blowing that this late in the game people still think MCU movies will flop.... then again somebody made a thread talking about "what if 'Infinity War' does 'Justice League' numbers?" so nothing surprises me.

Fred.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It's honestly mind blowing that this late in the game people still think MCU movies will flop.... then again somebody made a thread talking about "what if 'Infinity War' does 'Justice League' entire run numbers in it's opening weekend?" so nothing surprises me.

Fred.

Fixed. :russ: