Captain Marvel Review: Finally, Women Have Their Own Mediocre Marvel Movie

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To be fair nobody gave a shyt about this character. If it's true she's gonna come in and be a Mary Sue and be the reason the Avengers defeat Thanos, I could see why that could make people mad.

Who is nobody? Shes a huge character in the lore of the comics, the same comics that these cacs claim to be aficionadod on. Secondly, using ther term Mary Sue as a pejorative when talking abour a comic book superhero is straight :dead:

Breh, you do realize every single superhero is a mary sue right??? Yes there are few exceptions, but most of those came later because the original versions of these characters fit the description of mary sue to a tee, ony difference is the gender.

I make this point to prove that these cacs are full of shyt. They dont hate Mary Sues and self inserts because if they did... they wouldn't be comicbook fans.

They need to just admit they feel like a female superhero is pandering and thats why they don't like it. All that other shyt is a massive double standard

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
The trailer looked boring :hhh:

Shazam is the only super hero movie I’m tryna see right now

And ironically, Shazam's original name IS Captain Marvel

DC changed it to Shazam and allowed Marvel to take the name

On another note, everytime I see Shazam all I can think about is Dave Chapelle saying his name as Tyrone Biggums lol
:wtf:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Who is nobody? Shes a huge character in the lore of the comics, the same comics that these cacs claim to be aficionadod on. Secondly, using ther term Mary Sue as a pejorative when talking abour a comic book superhero is straight :dead:

Breh, you do realize every single superhero is a mary sue right??? Yes there are few exceptions, but most of those came later because the original versions of these characters fit the description of mary sue to a tee, ony difference is the gender.

I make this point to prove that these cacs are full of shyt. They dont hate Mary Sues and self inserts because if they did... they wouldn't be comicbook fans.

They need to just admit they feel like a female superhero is pandering and thats why they don't like it. All that other shyt is a massive double standard

Uh, No the fukk she isn't. Secondly If she comes out of literally nowhere to save The Avengers then yes she is a Mary Sue. She has no connection to the Avengers other than Marvel wanted to make a female superhero movie, I'm fine with that. Marvel is pandering, I'm fine with that too. But don't act like Captain Marvel has some HUGE fandom either.She isn't anywhere near Wonder Woman or hell even Harley Quinn realistically. Yeah them white boys are pissed for a doofy ass reason. But as someone who has stuck with the MCU since its inception, i can see why SOME fans would be legit angry.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

If she's so important why do her comics always get cancelled?