Captain Marvel Review: Finally, Women Have Their Own Mediocre Marvel Movie

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What exactly is Mary Sue for us who aren’t deeply inbedded in incel alt right speak? Is that just a name for strong female character in a story?

"A Mary Sue is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character. Often, this character is recognized as an author insert or wish fulfillment."

Now you see how stupid it is to complain a Mary Sue in a comic book? :pachaha:
That's literally the definition of all silver and bronze age comic book heroes, before they decided to go against that and turn everyone into Batman.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Breh, with all due respect, youre not a big fan of tbe comics if you think captain marvel came out of nowhere is not a popular characther with a deep lore. She was one of the most important characters in the Kree-Skrull war.

Even for the sake of this argument, i did some research in popularity polls for marvel characters that were taken before this movie was announced.

Captain marvel was consistently top 20, top 15 sometimes. The only female marvel superheroes who constantly beat her out were Storm, Rogue, Jean Grey, Emma Frost. All X-men. Shes litterly the most popular non X-men female character Marvel has. I cant even belive this is a debate. This is like saying no one knows who the fantastic 4 are.:deadmanny:

Get mad if Captsin Marvel saves the day if u want but i wonder how mad these cacs would be if it was cable or someone like that.
I think that was Mar-Vell, breh.
:mjlol:
Black Woman Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) >>> This jawn.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
What exactly is Mary Sue for us who aren’t deeply inbedded in incel alt right speak? Is that just a name for strong female character in a story?
"incel alt right speak" That fangirls use? That a fangirl came up with to describe her own female character...in 1973?
You're trying too hard, breh.
Mary Sue - Wikipedia

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Which MCU movies are trash?

These range from :trash: to :russell:

Iron Man 2 - :trash:
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World - :trash:
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Dr. Strange
GOTG: Vol. 2
Ant-Man & The Wasp

I wouldn't say that Black Panther should be in the group however I found three comic book movies released last year to be better. It was a fun movie though and I've watched it multiple times since it's been released to home media.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Breh, with all due respect, youre not a big fan of tbe comics if you think captain marvel came out of nowhere is not a popular characther with a deep lore. She was one of the most important characters in the Kree-Skrull war.

Even for the sake of this argument, i did some research in popularity polls for marvel characters that were taken before this movie was announced.

Captain marvel was consistently top 20, top 15 sometimes. The only female marvel superheroes who constantly beat her out were Storm, Rogue, Jean Grey, Emma Frost. All X-men. Shes litterly the most popular non X-men female character Marvel has. I cant even belive this is a debate. This is like saying no one knows who the fantastic 4 are.:deadmanny:

Get mad if Captsin Marvel saves the day if u want but i wonder how mad these cacs would be if it was cable or someone like that.
After brief encounters with the villain Scorpio[18] and the Hulk[19][20] Jones uses Mister Fantastic's portal to the Negative Zone to free Mar-Vell, who then becomes embroiled in the Kree-Skrull War. As a result of the war, Jones was left near death and Mar-Vell re-merged with Jones in order to save his life.
:lolbron:

Bart simpson

Served w/ no chill
Daps
Reppin
Springfield
Carol Danvers is just not interesting. Should've given Rogue her own movie
Man whoever they pick to cast her gotta have an A1 body not that Bryan Singer emo Rogue...
:wow:

Breh, you do realize every single superhero is a mary sue right??? Yes there are few exceptions, but most of those came later because the original versions of these characters fit the description of mary sue to a tee, ony difference is the gender.

Nah. Unlike Captain Marvel, who has no "weaknesses" and is a block of wood. Other superheroes actually have major flaws...

Batman is actually the weakest member of the JLA he has no powers and has to work extremely harder to even keep up.

Iron man has a major drinking problem and was selling weapons to the highest bidder terrorist or not he was initially a bad guy.

Even someone as powerful as Superman has a weakness for compassion for humanity.

The Hulk is one of the Earth's strongest heroes and he's father used to beat him and his mother and now he has anger issues...

What is Captain Marvel's weakness?

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Man whoever they pick to cast her gotta have an A1 body not that Bryan Singer emo Rogue...
:wow:

Nah. Unlike Captain Marvel, who has no "weaknesses" and is a block of wood. Other superheroes actually have major flaws...

Batman is actually the weakest member of the JLA he has no powers and has to work extremely harder to even keep up.

Iron man has a major drinking problem and was selling weapons to the highest bidder terrorist or not he was initially a bad guy.

Even someone as powerful as Superman has a weakness for compassion for humanity.

The Hulk is one of the Earth's strongest heroes and he's father used to beat him and his mother and now he has anger issues...

What is Captain Marvel's weakness?

True, its never really stated in the comics. At most she gets hurt, but nothing really stops her.

But in MCU, we know they tone down characters, so no idea what she will be like. But she is basically Superman.

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
What's this?

AMC has a subscription service like moviepass:wow:

Pay $20 a month and get 3 movies a week, IMAX and everything included....do everything thru the app. I was able to reserve my ticket a week ago for IMAX Captain marvel :blessed:

They even give you discount on the over price food.....you can't beat that $20 for 12 movies a month.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
"incel alt right speak" That fangirls use? That a fangirl came up with to describe her own female character...in 1973?
You're trying too hard, breh.
Mary Sue - Wikipedia

Trying to hard? It was a simple question. Never heard this term used majorly until Star Wars when cacs were using it against the lead female. Same cacs behind gamer gate and other alt right BS. Just wanted clarification

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
They overplayed their hand making the Avengers named after her. Thats gonna piss these meninists off like nothing else

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
It wouldve been easy to do since Rogue started out as an Avengers villain before joining the X-men. Mystiques brotherhood of evil mutants were part of the avengers rogues gallery.